Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Kibbles :(

R.I.P. Kibbles :(

I woke up today to find that Kibbles had lost the sight in her one good eye. She had surgery a few months ago on her left eye and it remained closed. I saw the same thing in her right eye today. She was totally blind. We have been talking about putting her down a couple of weeks when she lwas weak, but we raised her predisone and she bounced back and was like a puppy again.

Wednesday I came home and it looked like she had a stroke and saw that her eye was cloudy, but she could still see and again we started talking about putting her down. We knew her time was limited and we didn't want her to suffer. I had lunchies with her today and when she could just sniff to find the food I called dad in tears and told him it was time for her to go. After work he brought her home a hamburger from McDonalds and we fed that to her and then each took time holding her. My mom went into work today for the fact that she couldn't deal with it. Dad called her and let her know we were taking her in.

At 4:30 we took her to the vet. I have never lost anyone close to me or have ever been to a funeral so this was THE hardest thing I have ever had to do. Dad was going to do it by himself, but she was our dog and I wanted to be with her. She was the only one there when I was paralyzed and I was going to be with her at the end. What majorly sucked was while waiting a shitzu came out of the exam room and was the spitting image of Kibbles in her prime. That was something that we didn't need to see.

Kibbles went peacefully. It was her time and we owed it to her to do this. I rubbed her ears while they gave her a shot to make her go to sleep and dad petted her side. We did the same as they gave her the med to make her heart stop. She gave us 15 great years. By far the funniest dog I have ever come across. There will never be another one like her. Dad hung her collar on a big picture we have of her in my exercise room. That will be hard to look at. She is in a better place now, but I will really miss her. It's going to be tough for a while.

Hug your pets and hold em close!

ETA: A sweet picture of her.
    Last edited by Kristi; 05-20-2006 at 01:47 AM.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

*hugs*
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Damn Kristi girl, I'm so sorry about your doggy. You nearly made me cry and that takes alot. I hope the pain lightens for you soon. Big Huggs Girl.

Aww! I'm so sorry. I know Kibbles was quite the queen.

*hugs*
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

I am sorry about Kibbles Kristi. I am sending you an internet hug.

Sorry K. My deepest sympathies for your loss.
    Daniel

Aww! Kristi, I'm so sorry. Our pets become like family and dogs are so loyal.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Someone showed me this when I lost a pet. It gave me comfort, and I hope it helps you. I would like to believe that it's true...It's called rainbow bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

awww Kristi, I know this was tough for you. I know you've been worried about this for a while now. My thoughts are with you, I know how special Kibbles was to you. I'm here if ya need anything.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Sorry for your loss kristi. My heart cries for you......I'll grab ava tonight and we'll say a lil prayer for kibbles Lex