Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Spinergy SLX wheels and insurance

New Spinergy SLX wheels and insurance

The answer is yes ins will pay for them. This is the 1st time i got a set of high end wheels alone[not ordered w/ chair]. but my bc/bs private ins covered them. just fyi
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

You Lucky Dawg...........

i have the lx ones with only 12 spokes, and damn are they light. holy crap. its like lifting a feather into the car.
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

The answer is yes ins will pay for them. This is the 1st time i got a set of high end wheels alone[not ordered w/ chair]. but my bc/bs private ins covered them. just fyi
    What reason did you submit to get wheels with no chair?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE
    What reason did you submit to get wheels with no chair?
    need new lighter wheels for loading in/out of car
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Fuente do you ever worry that you & your Dr. are going to get nailed for insurance fraud at some point? Since you really don't "need" a new wheelchair every two years?

lol. after 1 year my chairs are totally chewed up and a total mess. no doubt. the rear of the frame is all caved in etc.

ins fraud?? thats funny. Who is to say i dont need a new chair, totally subjective. I wouldnt got to work in shitty looking clothes, so i certainly wont go in a beat up chair.

As for the wheels, they are way lighter than spox, therefore much easier on the shoulders loading/unloading.

no one active should be made to use a chair more than 2 years.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Well since you are going through chairs at twice the rate of normal I'm suprised they aren't questioning it. It just seems wrong in my mind that somebody who is probably pulling down at least 60k a year is getting a new chair every two years while others with less financial means are stuck waiting at least 5 years or having to pay for their own equipment. I mean I make a quarter of what you make in a year likely & I bought my own Ti chair.

Do you do any maitenance at all on your chairs or do you consider them pretty much a disposable item?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    I mean I make a quarter of what you make in a year likely & I bought my own Ti chair.
    You, sir, are crazy.My Quickie TI cost $5,000 and I have not NEARLY enough money for me to spend on that. My income is at $0 a month because I haven't gotten any Disability or SSI money in yet so I agree with fuente on a new chair every 2 years. Why not every two years? I'm a very active person, my chair is already banged up and I haven't had it 2 months. I excersize in my chair, do laps around the block, fall in the chair, play in it(running into people), etc. Active people DO need a new chair every 2 years. My insurance went from a $1,000,000 maximum to unlimited after I became disabled so I'm using the unlimited insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Well since you are going through chairs at twice the rate of normal I'm suprised they aren't questioning it. It just seems wrong in my mind that somebody who is probably pulling down at least 60k a year is getting a new chair every two years while others with less financial means are stuck waiting at least 5 years or having to pay for their own equipment. I mean I make a quarter of what you make in a year likely & I bought my own Ti chair.

Do you do any maitenance at all on your chairs or do you consider them pretty much a disposable item?
    i do some maintenance. im crazy hard on them. i burn through a set of tires in 2-3 mths as well. ins covers those to.

doesnt matter what i make, what matters is that i pay the premium every month.

ins co's screw most ppl because those ppl take it, i fight for what i want, and get it.

i think my cap is a million, i havent even scratched the surface, and wont in my lifetime. they pay for an ultralight, cushion and a few durable supplies per year. they pay out maybe $3500 per year, lets say $4000 per year. ive been hurt 18 years thats $72000. thats nothing. heck my ins will change several more times as well.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com