Thread: Looking for a notebook with 3.0 GHz or higher duo processor

Looking for a notebook with 3.0 GHz or higher duo processor

Does anybody have any idea where to get a notebook computer with 3.0 GHz or higher with the duo processor and a large number of RAM. Something that will work flawlessly with Adobe Photoshop CS in with really high resolution pictures and Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8? Any make or model. Willing to pay up to $5,000 for a really fast notebook. Thanks in advance.

i could be wrong, but i don't think they put 3ghz dual core chips in notebooks yet.
    Last edited by jon 0; 05-16-2006 at 10:51 AM.

If you're willing to spend $5k & want "flawless" Photoshop & Dragon performance, just buy the top of the line & load it with as much RAM as possible. That'll make more difference than clock speed.

Also, if you're truly serious about Photoshop work, I'd *really* be weary of relying on a laptop's LCD for accuracy. Take some of that cash & dump it into a quality display using a S-IPS panel.

tekniko, I just purchased a laptop with the Intel Core Duo processor for Dragon NaturallySpeaking and it seems plenty fast. Scott really knows his stuff when it comes to Photoshop, so whatever he says, it's good enough for me. Do you want a 15 inch widescreen or 17 inch widescreen laptop? I think this system can be purchased for less than $5,000.

I would be looking for a 17 inch. By the way PN what processor speed do you have and how much memory?

Inspiron E1505, Intel Core Duoprocessor T2300 (2MB/1.66GHz/667MHz)
    1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm for Inspiron 6400/E1505