Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality of Life

Quality of Life

My Dr. sure did change my quality of life , but it was for the worse , I went to him with a Neurogenic Bladder and after a Supra Pubic tube , He did Mitro Stoma Operation with my Stoma in my belly button , my problem is now I leak all the time at this point in my life I have to wear a 2 piece bag system made by ConvaTec it's a 2 piece system , the first piece stick to my skin around my bellybutton and the second piece snaps on like tupperware and that is a bag with a drain valve to catch the leaks , the only thing is it doesn't work so when I open it to cath , I leak all over ,so my urologist has put in a balloon type catheter and I change the catheter every 6 weeks , I get I U.T.I. everyother weekI've tried 4 different medications , and I still leak , right where the first piece of the ConvaTec sticks on right where my scar is (the scar is in the shape of a question mark ) so it leaks at the top and bottom where the scar is . I went last month to see him and walking from his waiting room to the examing room I leaked all over myself , which was good so he could see what was going on ,they all said I was doing ebverything right ,(even putting extra tape where the scar is ) when I leaked last Thursday and called his offiice , he called me back telling me to go see a Phycologist ,when I told my Primary Dr. he said It's time to see another DR. , All this I believe was a mistake having this operation as I Take LASIX and have been on this for over 2 years and this Dr. had a list of all my medications ,and when he explained this operation he never said anything about leaks or I wouldn't of had this surgery , since that operation I've tried 4 mrdications for bladder spasms , I had 15 Injections of BoTox ,no luck they tried a Bladder Stimulator ,still no luck , I have had 7 back operations all of which he knew about ,But since having this operation my Pharmasist told me LASIX mean helps your body create Urine for 6 hours so it got it name by Lasting Six Hours , so Now I wonder did I need this operation to begin with ? can anyone help?

You probably need a different appliance. I use Nu-Hope and only have leaking if I fail to apply it properly or leave it on too long.

If you repost to the Care forum the SCI Nurse will advise you; probably even if you don't.

Get im, KLD!
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

hey Ya, they get sick of me posting about leaks it's been going on since sept2005 it's the place where my scar is the place where I leak so I'm going to see a new Urologist June 8th after what he said to me that was rude!

well my old Urologist called me today and I'm going to have a Bladder By Pass May 26 , I heard it's a 10 hour operation but not sure , I'm hoping that this will give me a better quality of life and have no more leaking Stomas ,It's been a long and frustrating road going back to Jan.2005 when I first had a supra pubic tube folled by a Mitro Stoma in Aug.2005 and alot of problems since hopefully this will put a end to all that .

Tomorrow I go into the hospital and Friday they will do the bypass and I pray hat it changes my life for the better if not I guess I have to deal with it . LBUSH

good luck and have a speedy recovery.I hope evrything goes well for you and the surgery gives you improvement take care and let us know how you doing.

Thank you annamarie , I need all the luck I can get , as may is an unlucky month for me 1st It's the month I got hurt 5/10/85 ,my Mother die may 31 after having sinus surgery , my father inlaw had a heart attack and got in a car accident and died , and my wifes Aunt who raised her because her mother Died at the age of 25 , so I need a lot of luck thanks and I will post when I get home . LBUSH

good luck LBush
    Sounds like its due time for relief.
    Be careful
    check back in soon

Last edited by Christopher Paddon; 05-26-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Hope all is well ... hey there's no smilie with a nurse's hat on or a big red cross symbol!!?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12