Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ernesto Fonseca update and photos

There are others more famous than he i.e. Wayne Rainey (Former Road Race Champ), David Bailey (Former national champ MX'r and tv personality on ESPN), Daryl Mitchell (Actor, most recent role in Ed), Mitch Payton (Pro Circuit Owner), John Hockenberry (Dateline reporter).

As stated by others, one of the keys to bringing SCI to the forefront of people's concerns is to make it more personal to them. It has to be something they fear personally in order to motivate them into action. Everyone has the potential to come down with cancer so people fear it and pump money into it. We need to get SCI in the same place in their minds...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

mike utley
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Quote Originally Posted by stlyin moe
    There are others more famous than he i.e. Wayne Rainey (Former Road Race Champ), David Bailey (Former national champ MX'r and tv personality on ESPN), Daryl Mitchell (Actor, most recent role in Ed), Mitch Payton (Pro Circuit Owner), John Hockenberry (Dateline reporter).

As stated by others, one of the keys to bringing SCI to the forefront of people's concerns is to make it more personal to them. It has to be something they fear personally in order to motivate them into action. Everyone has the potential to come down with cancer so people fear it and pump money into it. We need to get SCI in the same place in their minds...
    I read Wayne's book. Its pretty good. Every accident like this brings some spotlight to SCI, but Reeve's circumstances were unique. I remember Jimmy Button's accident, a racer pretty much in the same class as Fonseca, and it brought some attention but not much. I was racing at the time before my injury, and it just worried me for a few days and then it is on with your life. Same thing happened when Pit Beirer the great GP mxer got injured.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003