Thread: Walking Devices

Walking Devices

Has anyone used this to walk?
    http://www.portacare.com/ezwalker.php

Is this something you would actually use outdoors? Wouldn't the dynamic parapodium be better?
    What other kinds of assisted walking devices are there?

I have one of these. I haven't walk outside yet. I mainly used for standing purpose. It's very big and heavy. I wouldn't use it for walking though. I hope this helps...

I met someone yesterday with the dynamic. C7 . Anyway, says he uses it al the time. He was in it when we met. I think it is a lot more practical and economical. I talked to the PT and OT and they think it is awesome.

Any ideas on the cost of one of those?
    Daniel

The dynamic is $3600. Phenomenol I think. At least compared to a standing table that doesn't move.

Excuse the language but this REALLY pisses me off. That would be helpful for SO many people and they are going to charge $3600 dollars?! I would love to have that but I don't have that much money just flying out my ass. You'd think some companies would sell it for alot cheaper to help the disabled but they take advantage of it....Assholes.

Anyway great find, ChopperChick. I'd love to have one of those, that looks like it would help me. I need something to stand up and that looks perfect. It also looks like it would help with balance. My balance is far from perfect and it's not like the standing fram which pushes against your chest and back to hold you up. I want one!

I met a guy who uses one religiously (dynamic not portawalker). Only on lady sells them here in the states. She tried to get a distributor to sell and they wanted to sell for $9k so she does it herself. We are not rich by any means. As a matter of fact, I quit my job after the accident. So like I Said in my earleier post, we are going to be eating a lot of top ramen!