Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quad accessible crib

OK - I'll take the video this weekend sometime. Dd is nearly potty trained so theres usually just 1 diaper change a day.
    As for taking Violet out, I've used a powerchair since she was born because its so much easier to have 1 free hand! Not to mention more energy! Do you use a powerchair?
    I tried a conventional snugli when she was first born and couldn't get the hang of it (it kept tipping me over) so I didn't really go out alone with her until she was nearly 1 when I discovered the Baby Trekker carrier - as I mentioned earlier in this thread I think a Maya wrap type sling would have been easier - and ever since that day I don't think we've stayed home lol. I used the carrier until she was 20 months old or so then she started wanting to walk everywhere when we switched to a 'leash' type harness, she wore that and stood on my footplates to get around until she could listen better and understand danger - maybe 28-30 months... Now she rides on my feet if we are near cars etc. (after one 20 minute battle in the middle of a grocery store parking lot where she learned that if she isn't riding mommy isn't moving). It has been much easier since she was 1 or so.
    She is an amazing little girl, a big help to me (reaches things etc.) and listens very well (mostly). She is the best thing that ever happened to me! You will never regret it.
    PM me your email because I don't want to post a diaper changing video on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by alissa
    Loose- Please send pics of your "stork bag". I've been trying to come up with just that kind of thing.
    I'll get you a pic in a day or two.

Thanks for posting those pics, Loosecannon. What material is it made from?
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

That stork bag is a good idea. But I do get those days where I drop everything so I would be a bit scared using it.

No offense, but that is a pretty ugly baby in the first pic. Is it you or wife who contributed the hairy genes?

Quote Originally Posted by alissa
    Thanks for posting those pics, Loosecannon. What material is it made from?
    You're welcome. To answer your question, the sling is cotton and the straps are nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    That stork bag is a good idea. But I do get those days where I drop everything so I would be a bit scared using it.

No offense, but that is a pretty ugly baby in the first pic. Is it you or wife who contributed the hairy genes?
    If you're able to pickup a 15 lb duffle bag off of the floor or sofa then you should have no worries.
    Last edited by LooseCannon; 05-24-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Hi Alissa,

Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Have you looked at the ArmsReach Co-sleeper crib? We use that and it works well for us. I have a 4 month old son and we 'co-sleep' with him, but not in our bed. He did sleep with us for awhile in the beginning, but now sleeps in his co-sleeper. You might want to check it out. Where in CA are you?

P.S. it's ok to use ditropan during your pregnancy and if you breastfeed. I use 5 mg 4 x's daily. I did have issues with milk production, but I dont think it had to do with the med.
    Last edited by scaligirl; 05-30-2006 at 01:22 AM.

scali- I live in Santa Rosa (North SF Bay). You?
    We plan on using the co-sleeper at night for a while and are working to adapt that a little, too. I'm a c6 and can't imagine being able to grab the baby out of the co-sleeper for feeding & putting her back. We're thinking of a sliding system (like a padded drawer or something).
    I want the crib for day use and when she's a bit older. We bought a basic crib and are going to raise it so I can get under, and adapt the railing so it slides instead of dropping.

What level are you? How do you care for your baby (feeding, changing, lifting). What do you think was the cause for low milk production? Why not ditropan?

Thanks so much

OMG- I just peaked at your profile - we were injured on the very same day. How freaky!
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi