Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell Therapy In Muscular Dystrophy

Stem Cell Therapy In Muscular Dystrophy

HELLO FRIENDS,
    i'm dr rajeev goyal from india.i'm doing md pathology.suffering from musculardystrophy.there is new hope for the treatment.stem cell therapy is going on for the musculardystrophy in india.i'm going to take the treatment from dr geeta shroff.if i am able to get even one % recovery it will be a miracle for me.pls friends give me ur suggestions.give me best of luck.
    DR RAJEEV GOYAL

Quote Originally Posted by drrajeevgoyal
    HELLO FRIENDS,
    i'm dr rajeev goyal from india.i'm doing md pathology.suffering from musculardystrophy.there is new hope for the treatment.stem cell therapy is going on for the musculardystrophy in india.i'm going to take the treatment from dr geeta shroff.if i am able to get even one % recovery it will be a miracle for me.pls friends give me ur suggestions.give me best of luck.
    DR RAJEEV GOYAL
    Thanks for posting. Please let us know how it goes. Wise.

My Dear Friend Rajeev

Hope you will be fine and sorry for delay.

You have not to give up hope at any stage and Dr. Young will give you the best advise which we can not give and also believe we should not advise you for treatments which are at trial basis yet.

So live happy and be optimistic. God will help my friend.

Sincerely with love

Jawaid

Rajeev
    Wish you good luck & a lot of recovery.

yes keep us posted, i think muscular dystorophy is similiar to denerved /flaccid muscle
    cauda equina

hello rajiv wish you best of luck . i am also suffering from muscular dystrophy pl send email address of dr. geeta shroff so that i can also get treatment . thanks

dr geeta email

here is the email add of dr geeta geetashroff@hotmail.com

Hi Dr. Rajeev Goyal

Hello Rajeev goyal,

Hi I am Hemant Bhondwe, age 32 from Nagpur, Maharashtra State…. And ofcourse in the same situation as you are in… fighting with muscular dystrophy…specifically LGMD-2A or 2B (not sure which one)

Anyway, I too strongly believe that stem cell hold a great promise for us, rather a cure to be calculatively certain…. And was looking for opportunity to participate in clinical trials for research in MD…. I had been to AIIMS too, but that story some other time…. Actually, I too am following the story of Dr. Geeta Shroff and wanted to dig the truth inside… I even recommended few of MD people living in New Delhi to verify the authenticity of the facts, as I overheard that MD patients could possibly benefit, but no assurance is being given… I did not get the necessary feedback as they could not consult the doctor (Geeta Shroff) and were quite skeptical after the AIIMS failure….

Rajeev, I am happy to see your article and to read about your possible participation for treatment program at Dr. Geeta Shroff clinical research… I would like to know what kind of stem cells are being used and the process of delivery with the qty of stem cell and the outcome you had experienced or is currently experiencing…. Or with someone you know…

I hope you would write to me in few lines and maybe we can share useful information for each other on MD in coming times… I too am tracking and exploring each part of India and abroad with some clinical trials for real improvement of the situation… I also believe that India holds a great potential for breakthrough as the ICMR (Indian council of Medical Research) rules are not very strict as US on stem cell research… I too am in touch with expert doctors and researchers across the country for some participation after being certain about its outcome. (atleast theoretically) … See you soon healthy and happy.

Awaiting your reply.
    With friendly initiative

Hemant
    Mobile : 09890019033
    e-mail : hemant_ngp@sancharnet.in
    or praful64@yahoo.com

Mannu did you also contacted Dr. Geeta Shroff... What happened?? write few lines of your experience... I too am desperate to try any clinical trials with stem cells, after understanding the concept.

Hemant
    P.S. Follow my post for Dr. Rajeev

Dear Dr. Wise, your guidance required

I am Hemant, from India, suffering from Muscular dystrophy (LGMD-2B) and I really enjoy being on this forum and keep myself updated by reading various discussions especially the stem cell related articles…

I have these 2 articles and would like to sort your opinion on the following doubts…

Therapy of Duchenne muscular dystrophy with umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlu s&list_uids=16086277&query_hl=3&itool=pubmed_DocSu m

Allogeneic umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation in Duchenne muscular dystrophy
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlu s&list_uids=15949330&query_hl=8&itool=pubmed_docsu m

If supposing these are considered for clinical trials to treat MD then
    (1) What are the chances of improvement as per your view point ??
    (2) What are the risk ?? How can it be minimized ??
    (3) Considering both theoretical and practical aspect of the article do you find any thing that create skepticism or doubt in your knowledge… and would it “work” as suggested in the article

Please guide me…. I know that these articles are from china and more over the case discuss are “isolated” one but this is one part of truth but other than that can these be taken seriously for further study using clinical trials… and your whole view on them. I am asking your goodself because one of my doctors got interested and wants to collect few experts’ opinions on this before taking a step forward.

Sir, I am doing all that is possible to help and gather information from my side. I have seen many of your post being explained with simplicity to understand for all those who read them…I hope you shall put your honest opinion to guide me. .

With regards
    hb179
    hemant_ngp@sancharnet.in