Thread: My pool lift

My pool lift

On another post I said I would try to take pictures of my pool lift a friend of mine and I made. It works for me it was cheaper than even the most inexpensive pool lift on the market. I think I reduced the pictures too much and they look blurry.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

That is a great lift that you & your friend have built. Also a BEAUTIFUL view from your house. WOW!!! I know a couple people that could build a lift similar to that. Thanks for posting the pics.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

very cool
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i used one at the CIMA hospital in Costa Rica that was similar however it used a electric winch instead, and i could control it myself with the up/down control which was just long enough not to go into the water. lol
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Thanks. If you would like close ups let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by nicotico
    i used one at the CIMA hospital in Costa Rica that was similar however it used a electric winch instead, and i could control it myself with the up/down control which was just long enough not to go into the water. lol
    I tried to find an electric winch that would work, but the ones that I saw said that they were not intended to lift humans, and that they were designed for horizontal pulling (like boats, etc), not vertical lifting. So a friend gave me the idea to go with a manual pulley like the ones they use to lift engines, so I gave it a try and it worked. It is rated for 750 pounds. I could probably go in by myself, but never had to, usually there is someone around to help.

yeah cool. my pops just opened our pool a couple of days ago. it is still only 66 F. burrrrrrrr. i'll wait.

i am currently at therapy working on the floor to chair transfer in the hopes that i will not have to build a lift, but if i do, thanks for the fotos.
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Paramoto, I would love close up's. I have been shopping for a pool lift but they are $$$$$. Did I mention it was 87 degrees today....

I'll try to get close ups soon. It is basically three sealed bearings for the chair to slide up and down, the pulley holds the weight. There is a slightly larger tube on the concrete to hold the lift. It is really simple. I'll try to get my hands on another digital camera shortly. It is so much better to me than the swinging diaper type lifts.