Thread: Kidney stone, now bladder pain

Kidney stone, now bladder pain

All doctors think my pain post-rally was a kidney stone, and ankle swelling etc. is all gone since then. Now I have so much pain in my bladder! It feels like I need to pee real bad but I don't. Labwork all good, no uti, kidney labs ok, no blood in urine. I went to the er last night due to the pain and AD. Blood pressure was quite high for me until pain meds, 131/47. Had AD headache and goosebumps. Seeing uro asap, but any suggestions for what this could be?
    Last edited by betheny; 05-11-2006 at 12:09 AM.

first things first, we must rest our bodies. its hard, but you've been going on high speed for a while now. take time to relax your mind. it may be something- but first, you should let anxieties go. i used to go to emergency room for chest pain in college sooo bad. test tests, it was nothing. but, it was anxiety. we will still love you and your big heart after u take a break. well, might not of helped, but you are important to me, and lots others here. be well
    mind spirit body= wellness

Hi,

I would definitely stick with seeing the urologist about your feelings of urgency and pain. What was your treatment for the kidney stone?
    Are you on any meds such as detrol,etc?

Sounds like you had the major things checked out. Was the cause of the AD last night determined? How are your bowels?

I would agree you have been pushing it big time lately. However you decompress, I would suggest a big hefty dose.

AAD

Treatment for kidney stone? Borrowed a lortab, moaned in bed, prayed I wouldn't have to go to the ER in DC. Eventually it went away.

No cause of AD determined. I doubt they know what AD is, even now. Pain meds fixed it. No meds at all.

My bowels suck, but they always have. The ketoprofen the ER gave me made them even worse grrrrr.

CAT scan tomorrow, uro on Wed.

I have been relaxing (well I would if I could get laundry and housework caught up.) I missed 2 U2FP meetings yesterday!

Thanks, Lizbv and AAD.

Glad you're getting a cT scan to see the condition of the kidney stone.
    The urologist will determine what treatment if any is needed.
    I hope you took the opportunity to educate the ED on AD-they should be familiar with this condiiton-for obvious reasons.

AAD

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Treatment for kidney stone? Borrowed a lortab, moaned in bed, prayed I wouldn't have to go to the ER in DC. Eventually it went away.

No cause of AD determined. I doubt they know what AD is, even now. Pain meds fixed it. No meds at all.

My bowels suck, but they always have. The ketoprofen the ER gave me made them even worse grrrrr.

CAT scan tomorrow, uro on Wed.

I have been relaxing (well I would if I could get laundry and housework caught up.) I missed 2 U2FP meetings yesterday!

Thanks, Lizbv and AAD.

UH you left out the part about the kidney stone when I came out to look at those feet....hmmm....I would have dragged your bum to the ER at my hospital but I am sure you knew that. REST .....Fluids....and make sure the pain is really bladder and not that pesky female thing laying around behind there. OH and did I mention REST?????
    1FineSpineRN

CAT scan confirmed the kidney stone. Unfortunately it is now lodged in my ureter. Uro appointment is Wednesday. Is there anything SCI related I need to tell him?

Lord I hope he gets this thing out of me quick!

It is common for a stone that moves from the kidney to get stuck in the ureter, which is a muscular tube about the size of a pencil. This can cause ureteral colic, which is one of the worst types of pain known.

If your urologist is not very familiar with SCI, he needs to know that you should have anesthesia (usually a spinal is sufficient) for any stone removal procedures or ureteral stent placement, as these procedures are great at causing signficant autonomic dysreflexia. You should also be watched after the procedure to be sure you don't development more AD at that time, and be sure there is a plan in place for the nurses monitoring you to rapidly assess that you are in AD and take rapid and appropriate actions.

(KLD)