Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CareCure was down for 12 hours

CareCure was down for 12 hours

I am sorry. Over the weekend, there were some glitches with the CareCure.Org address forwarding by Network Solutions. In trying to fix that, I changed the carecure.org forwarding address to the wrong location on server and have spent half the night trying to figure out the correct address. Part of the problem was that all the addresses within the website itself that pointed to carecure.org had to be changed, too. We are still working on it. Some links may not work but eventually we will get all of the addresses fixed.

Sorry for all the delay.

Wise.

Most of you will find that the carecure._org URL address (please note that I had to place a underline so that the site does not change the html pages to replace all such references to carecure._org to sci.rutgers.edu which is the name of our server) has been changed to sci.rutgers.edu.

This is our temporary fix until we figure out an overall solution.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    I am sorry. Over the weekend, there were some glitches with the sci.rutgers.edu address forwarding by Network Solutions. In trying to fix that, I changed the sci.rutgers.edu forwarding address to the wrong location on server and have spent half the night trying to figure out the correct address. Part of the problem was that all the addresses within the website itself that pointed to sci.rutgers.edu had to be changed, too. We are still working on it. Some links may not work but eventually we will get all of the addresses fixed.

Sorry for all the delay.

Wise.
    Network Solutions is an oxymoron. I found it by going to the root address sci.rutgers.edu/ and it came right up!!!

And that dont look right. But its better than 404. It's been there all day.
    Not much in new posts... quick read.

Man, you shouldn't be using your time on this stuff - you need a web lackey to handle that sort of thing!
    I (along with many, many others) sure appreciate everything you've done and your willingness to share your knowledge and concern.
    Thank you, Wise.
    - Richard

Man ... I'm unregistered too.

Mingo,

I don't think that it affected the registration of people. At least, it did not affect my registration. I have noticed that Internet Explorer on Windows tends to display the cached window rather than the altered window after people log in. Therefore, if you just click on the refresh (redisplay page) button, it will reload the page and show that you have logged in.

I don't know about anybody else but I think that there has been a definite increase in the speed of the site since I switched all the carecure.org links to sci.rutgers.edu links. The pages are loading much faster and there is less delay after you click a link on the site.

You cannot believe how many links I had to change. It must have been close to 200 links. Every icon, every link on this site that referred to itself (the server) had to go to Network Solutions and the link had to be translated. Each page that is displayed on this site has hundreds of icons, avatars, smileys, and other links.

So, I might leave it this way. By the way, the http://carecure.org will still point you to this site. Likewise, http://sciwire.com, http://sciwire.net, and http://sciwire.org all still point this this site.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    I don't know about anybody else but I think that there has been a definite increase in the speed of the site since I switched all the carecure.org links to sci.rutgers.edu links. The pages are loading much faster and there is less delay after you click a link on the site.
    I also find it faster.
    Last edited by Leif; 05-08-2006 at 08:27 PM.

It's still not working like it was, My bookmarks would not take me there, so I had to do a search and like to never picked the right one, so is this the new address for CC?

I'm always running into problems wih Network Solutions. Glad you got it working again.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

No problems with my bookmarks, but it would not recognize my cookies...had to log in again.

(KLD)