I was involved in a horrific car accident 4 months ago(Jan 18.) and sustained multiple injuries: cracked skull in five places, broken orbital bone, blew out left pupil, brain bleeding and swelling, minor brain damage, broke all ribs, broken brestbone, punctured lung, glass cuts all over, road rash, crushed the T9 vertebrae, T10 was pushed forward, T11 pushed out of alignment, and worst of all....crushed my spinal cord at T10 level. Family and friends were told I wouldn't make it through the night twice but somehow did. First question is... After all those injuries wouldn't the body just give up?

Another question is am I complete or incomplete? My surgeon told my parents that my spinal cord was the worst he has EVER seen and I would never walk again. I was paralyzed from a little above the belly button down. Now I am paralyzed from the waist down. Could a complete injury gain two levels back? This is a reason why I think I might be incomplete. Help

Another thing is I am sometimes able to feel some sensations in my legs. When I can they are a very dull sensation. These I don't think are ghost feelings because I don't get the feeling when I try to feel the sensation, it happens when I'm not expecting it... Why? And to all who have received some sensations back, how do they start and how did it end up?

Spasms... I get them horrendously in my left leg and RARELY in my right. Almost never actually. I can sometimes make three of my righ toes move, or twitch, and it ONLY happens when I'm sending my feet the message. Is this a good sign? I have heard from A LOT of people that these aren't signs, they aren't real, etc, etc so you guys don't have to say that to get my hopes up . If some of you are actually able to walk now, how long did it take and what did you do? I need something, something to keep me going. I'm having one of my "bad" days and need something to help. Anything you guys have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry for all the questions