Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Quads......How do you cook?

Also never put a hot plate in your lap. I did a long time ago and was shocked at how quickly I got blisters all over my the top of my leg. The dang plate wasnt even that hot. I thought. Now I always have a towel folded on my lap when I cook.

Quote Originally Posted by bcripeq
    Also never put a hot plate in your lap. I did a long time ago and was shocked at how quickly I got blisters all over my the top of my leg. The dang plate wasnt even that hot. I thought. Now I always have a towel folded on my lap when I cook.
    Definitely agree on that....I got some pasta in a take out container from the cafeteria and got some nice blisters on my thighs....

Fuente doesnt cook! He chases his food down kills it with his hands and eats it raw,then washes it down with a protein shake and shits a week later..

Cooking utensils with long handles.A pair of fingerless gloves like Hatch works good for sticking utensils in and holding them tight and steady..I always wear a pair while cookin something,protects your hands also for pushin hot stuff around..Subway's da bomb

I saw commercial the other day for this funky pasta cooker that looked like a flower vase,anybody know what it is..i thought,damn that would be easy and forgot about till now.You just put the pasta in and add hot water and close the top,no stove required.

Hey bc.im in Whitecity Saskatchewan,about 10km east of Regina..

LOL!! shaun ...

btw....

EGAD! NO quad should reduce themselves to that contraption (forget name but know what you are talkin about) just to make things easier or quicker!

Pasta should not be compromised! That thing just soaks dry pasta, no boiling...just soaking in hot water. Try that, you'll end up with MUSHY pasta! Blasphemous!

Wow Chick.....I appreciate the time you put into that post......I'd better print it out and stick it up in my kitchen.

I'm not worried about cleaning stuff up! I said I wanted to cook. I was a messy male chef prior to SCI. Devastated kitchen, 1.5 bottles of wine later, never cleaned up. I'll pay someone to come in and scrape my George Foreman or persuade my ever helpful brother-in-law to do it before I let him have a beer.

LMAO at fuente description. You're probably right......or he just eats space age protein supplements all day long. I bet his farts smell vaguely like Buck Rogers'
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Fuente doesnt cook! He chases his food down kills it with his hands and eats it raw,then washes it down with a protein shake and shits a week later..
    LMAO! And he doesn't even need gloves to do it!

Foreman Grill as others have said.

Crock pot.

Bread machine if you the scent and taste of baking your own.

Veggies and fruit cut, diced, peeled, ready to eat from the grocer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Nah, his Mommy/Maid cooks for him after making his bed. He still lives with his folks.

Rhino, I'm going to try and add more quad-specific cooking tips later. Don't expect something like chick posted though. I don't have that much free time.

This is a good thread, and I'm glad to see it today with fewer "I'm not a quad, but..." posts. Novie's post should start "I'm a quad, but..." cuz she's so incomplete. But she's quad-enough, so I'll let her slide. Besides, she likes junk food even more than I do.

I cook by letting others do it for me. Or I just order out. Man I feel like royalty.