Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: disgusted

yea i guess i'll have to do like jonny suggested an just act like i can't go on to get anything useful.

an to metronycguy.......

i have an appointment with my regular doc on the 15th. i'm gonna ask about a pain mngmt doc. theres only one here that i know of an i seen him back when i first got hurt an he gimme nsaids so no help there. atlanta's like 4 hrs away from me. i'm in south ga. right at the florida line. im sure theres got to be one somewhere around here. hopefully my doc will have someone in mind........

is the pain management doc an anesthesiologist
    cauda equina

my pain mgmt doc is a spinal surgeon.
    doesn't work. i am waiting for the neuro center to open a pain mgmt center

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    is the pain management doc an anesthesiologist
    not that i know of. just looks like a pretty boy to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    yea i guess i'll have to do like jonny suggested an just act like i can't go on to get anything useful.

an to metronycguy.......

i have an appointment with my regular doc on the 15th. i'm gonna ask about a pain mngmt doc. theres only one here that i know of an i seen him back when i first got hurt an he gimme nsaids so no help there. atlanta's like 4 hrs away from me. i'm in south ga. right at the florida line. im sure theres got to be one somewhere around here. hopefully my doc will have someone in mind........
    I don't know exactly where you live but isn't Jacksonville FL closer to you that Atlanta GA. I think there's a pretty big SCI hospital or center in Jax.

Have you tried there yet?
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I definitely need something to make my upper back feel looser. It keeps getting more difficult to use my arms as the pain up there keeps increasing (like my increased trouble eating and breathing as the abdominal tightness sensation keeps intensifying.)

Of course, the areas also burn, and have many other uncomfortable sensations thanks to the damn central pain syndrome, but the tightness/cramped sensation seems to have the most deleterious effect.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, this is likely a dumb question, but do muscle relaxants do any good? My wife is snoozing beside me right now on those for back spasms.

i sooo feel for ya Alan.honestly,just reading some of your posts make me feel very fortunate that things are not much worse for me.i cannot even imagine that shoulder blade thing you have going back there.tho i can relate to the central pain.geez,ya think there would be some sort of actual therepy or treatment for that kind of thing.is this just a perception you are having or are your shoulder blades actually kind of jutting out up there? as David mentioned,have you actually tried any muscle relaxers?I kind of figure you must have at least touched on those at some point.does ANYTHING you do actually help at all?in any way shape or form?

ya know,when you mentioned the garden center thing,it just makes me want to cry.I used to work in one really really huge family owned one as a customer service person/cashier and then in the late winter,because things were kind of just dead in the main store ,and i needed the steady paycheck,i would go up to the production area and do the seedings and cuttings and transplanting of all the plants we sold in the spring and summer.i really really miss that job soo much.I have alot of seperate gardens at home that really need my attention and I am only able to actually go out there and really do anything for like fifteen minutes a day now.luckily i planted ALOT of perenials so its pretty low maintenance.but I just miss being at my old job.i really loved it.and looking at the mess my once really beautiful gardens "used to' be and the way they look now.its just really sucky.gardening used to be a great stress reliever for me and really helped with my depression.now just about anything i have to do out there now just feels like a real chore now.it seems that anything that used to give me any joy in my life is just gone now,totally gone.i really do feel for ya Alan.hopefully things will at least settle down enough to the point where you can at least enjoy a bit of the summer and the beauty of just a flower.hang in there,Marcia

David, I've tried the muscle relaxers, along with every other category of med alleged to help pain. No joy. I've got to find something that makes my back feel looser. It seems to feel worse by the day. This does wonders for my mood.

I'm getting tired of sitting up. My balance sucks, I'm shaped like a torqued question mark, and every move aggravates my back (including the constant fidgeting.) I feel so dang crooked, and I'm not even a politician.

Marcia, that sounds like it was a fun job.
    Last edited by alan; 05-21-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Just a thopught here alan,but have you ever tried any injectable type of muscle relaxers?I know when I saw my physiatrist he had mentioned something about 'trying' something but we never seemed to get much further in that particular conversation so I am not too sure just exactly what that 'injectable' really was,but maybe your doc would know?from what I was told,for the more "rigid' type of spasms,botox and some other types of relaxers work much better than the orals do and they can be kind of injected "at the source'you know what I mean?

It WAS a really fun and very interesting job Alan,really.i learned sooo much about how the particular plants are transplanted and just how easy it is to actually buy only one plant(like bacopa or verbena?) and do the cuttings myself and save tons of money too.amazing.luckily I still have my pictures i took every year,but miss the'fun'.

I sure hope you can find something that will release your back and give you some peace.If there is anyone I have 'met' along the way thru all of my crap,it is you,and all of the others that have things much worse than me, that just keeps me pluggin along.my biggest 'hero"though will always be a very dear friend who I had known since junior high school who(by THAT time,thankfully) succumbed to a really horrid battle with ALS last year,what an amazing person.she was the one who really kept things in perspective for me.amazing woman,really.i figured if she could get up everyday and deal with all that she had to,well,i just HAD to do the same.i do really miss her courage and the amazing dignity and grace she showed those of us who loved her.compared to her,i don't have things all that bad i guess.its all relative ya know?I DID manage to plant a beautiful yellow rose in her honor called 'grace'.good luck alan,Marcia