Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: celebrex

  1. #1

    celebrex

    does anybody take this an does it help with any kind of pain? this spine doc prescribed me 200mg a day. i took one an it tore up my stomach. he said he saw some arthritis in my spine.

  2. #2

    Celebrex

    If you have stomach problems it is not for you. My husband tried it and tore his stomach up. It did however helped with arth in his hands . Be careful on this drug also they were once going to recall it.
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

    When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by razzle51
    Be careful on this drug also they were once going to recall it.
    thats scares me too. i remeber all that.plus readin the side effects makes it worse.

  4. #4
    My Doctor just prescribed it for me for arthritis. I'm not SCI, but I have a birth defect of hip/limp/arthritis.

    He told me that it has been proven safe in low dosage. I also am doing 200 mg/day.

    I have been on it for about a week.

    Here's a website to check out...

    www.celebrex.com

    Take care, God bless!

    Teena

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Salish Mtns, Montana
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    thats scares me too. i remeber all that.plus readin the side effects makes it worse.
    We discussed this in class. The big stink happened when they were testing the drug in higher than 800mg doses and it caused heart problems. The average joe doesn't have a problem with this medication. The drug company didn't fight the black box warning, which would lessen $$ off the drug, because they had another drug in the wings that will increase profits.

    As for the side effects, the docs were discussing that one at work on Tuesday. They were chuckling at the fact that some of the side effects listed weren't even associated with Cox-2 inhibiting drugs--they're just listed to protect the drug company from lawsuits.

  6. #6
    just a little suggestion for anyone who is having to take any sort of an NSAID type med? i was once having to take some pretty high doses of ibuprofen way back when but my stomach was just feeling very torn up too.when I mentioned this to my neuro he Rxed a med called Cytotec? you take this with every dose of the NSAID and amazingly the pain stopped almost immediately.

    this med was created just for people who were having to take any sort of NSAID on a daily basis who were concerned about possible ulcers and other related crap.It really is a wonderful med for you if you are having to take the nasty NSAIDs.I really was amazed at how well it worked for me.

    just a thought for you.Marcia

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    just a little suggestion for anyone who is having to take any sort of an NSAID type med? i was once having to take some pretty high doses of ibuprofen way back when but my stomach was just feeling very torn up too.when I mentioned this to my neuro he Rxed a med called Cytotec? you take this with every dose of the NSAID and amazingly the pain stopped almost immediately.

    this med was created just for people who were having to take any sort of NSAID on a daily basis who were concerned about possible ulcers and other related crap.It really is a wonderful med for you if you are having to take the nasty NSAIDs.I really was amazed at how well it worked for me.

    just a thought for you.Marcia
    thanks marcia i'll ask the doc about that. although i don't have ulcer problems i do get heartburn a good bit. that celebrex just messed up my stomach. seems everytime i go through a bout of diarreah i go through weeks of constipation an thats even worse than the other to me....

  8. #8
    I do think the cytotec would help you alot.it is actually taken to try and PREVENT the formation of ulcers.if you don't have that particular probelm now,it could possibly become an issue at some point as you continue to have to take this stuff for who knows how long?believe me,when it comes to ulcers,trying to treat one after it forms is much harder than just taking something now,before that should happen.I was just really amazed at how well this worked ,like instantly with the next dose i took with the cytotec.for the first time in a very long time,I had absolutely no stomach burning.it is definitely worth a shot for ya.good luck and i hope this helps.Marcia

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Salish Mtns, Montana
    Posts
    3,014
    are u taking it with food? I was on celebrex for quite a few years (only one fo them that worked for me) and I had to take it with something on my stomach.

    I can't take it now bc it interacts with my Asacol.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    are u taking it with food? I was on celebrex for quite a few years (only one fo them that worked for me) and I had to take it with something on my stomach.

    I can't take it now bc it interacts with my Asacol.
    actually i just quit taking it jadis. the time i did it was with food though. i'm tryin to downsize my pill intake if ya know what i mean, lol. they had me takin like 18 pills 3x a day for a few years an that can't be healthy. since bein on this forum ive nearly dropped all that crap they had me on. you know how everytime you go to a dr. they prescribe another pill right? i want something for pain an nsaids aint gonna get it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 03:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 04:25 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 08:50 PM
  4. Study: Celebrex has bleeding risk
    By antiquity in forum Pain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 06:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2002, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •