Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three important spinal cord injury studies coming out in the coming week

Three important spinal cord injury studies coming out in the coming week

Just in time for our rally, the embargo is being lifted on three important papers that are coming out on spinal cord injury therapies starting tomorrow.

Wise.

I know of one with the embargo due to be lifted at 8pm EST tonight... I'm interested in seeing the others.

The Journal of Neurotrauma recently had a number of good abstracts (via PubMed) added recently from various top-tier researchers discussing how a clinical trial should be structured. I found that encouraging.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

For the rest of us slackers ... those papers are?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

In simple terms this means what?? I never write much in these columns I just read them every day... almost 10 years post trying to figure out if it's going to be another 10 years?? Is there anybody close to finding a repair for spinal cord injuries??
    I think DA is the greatest... always love his responses
    keiffer66

Keith, there are three papers that are coming out. Journals pre-release the papers to journalists so that they can write articles on them. Embargo means that the journalists are not allowed to release their articles until it is lifted. In the coming several days, these reports come out. I was just giving people a heads up. Wise.

Embargos seem very......undemocratic. Can you state reasons why journalists cannot publish an article about something? Surely other more sensitive topics are covered without embargos. I had never heard that before in the U.S., other countries maybe, and there it is called censorship.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Keith, there are three papers that are coming out. Journals pre-release the papers to journalists so that they can write articles on them. Embargo means that the journalists are not allowed to release their articles until it is lifted. In the coming several days, these reports come out. I was just giving people a heads up. Wise.
    dr young, if these reports are about rats being able to wiggle their toes. your lab will be the alamo and we will be santa anna's forces. you dig?

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    Embargos seem very......undemocratic. Can you state reasons why journalists cannot publish an article about something? Surely other more sensitive topics are covered without embargos. I had never heard that before in the U.S., other countries maybe, and there it is called censorship.
    paramoto, that is because the journals are publishers and they give about a few days lead time for reporters to write before the papers are published and all the stories come out at the same time. Alternatively, they can allow journalists to have the same access as people. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    dr young, if these reports are about rats being able to wiggle their toes. your lab will be the alamo and we will be santa anna's forces. you dig?
    DA, I dig. Time to have more clinical trial funding. Then, we will have more reports of people wriggling their toes. Wise.

Wise this is probably more related to drug therapies but,

is there a chart or standard or how do clinicians or whom ever decide, if this much works in rats then this much should work in humans?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."