View Poll Results: Are you coming to the W2W Symposium/Rally on April 29-May 2

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am coming to both the Symposium and Rally. I have registered.

24 19.83%
  • Yes, I am coming to the Symposium but not the Rally on May 2.

1 0.83%
  • Yes, I am coming to the Rally but can't make it to the Symposium.

9 7.44%
  • No, I am not coming to the Rally or Symposium but will be there in spirit

66 54.55%
  • No, I am not coming.

21 17.36%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The W2W Rally needs CareCure Members!

The W2W Rally needs CareCure Members!

I recently found out that very few CareCure members have registered or signed up to go to the W2W Symposium and Rally in Washington DC on April 29-May 2. Last year, we had over 100 CC members there and not only had a significant impact on Congress but had a blast meeting each other. It is not too late to sign up but you need to do so soon, to ensure that you have a place to stay. I understand that many people may not be able to go but there must be hundreds of CC members who live close to Washington DC.

Come and support the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act and the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act. Your voices will make a big difference. Please come, one and all. If you cannot come, please post your moral support of the rally here, so that those who do go can feel that they are supported by others in wheelchairs. Write letters to your Congressional Representative and Senators in support of these two bills. They are important for the care and cure of spinal cord injury.

Thank you.

Wise.

Alright! Fine! I'll go! I can't take the pressure, you're killin me here... Now what are the odds I'll find an accessible room at an event with a bazillion wheelers?

Will the weather be warm enough to wear a thong?...lol

Who's with me? C'mon, over the hill I think they're friendly indians...
    Last edited by stlyin moe; 03-22-2006 at 10:46 PM.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

I wish I could bring hubby and come on down!

Had to settle for sending a little support.

Go CC members GO ~ too good to miss if you can possibly get there.

Oooohhh, stylin' moe, are you willing to visit legislators? Because you have one that really needs persuaded...

I'd love to go, but I'm not going to be able to.

Max Baucus, Conrad Burns, and Denny Rehberg have all been been written to and emailed. They're each going to get a phone call too here in the next few weeks to remind them that I am a thorn in their side. I've also let them know that they've had a quite few working, taxpaying wheelers leave the state due to inadequate healthcare and no support system for SCI here. Considering the number of people here that are hurt due to skiing, motoX, racing, snowmobiling, and other things--that lack of support is quite tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by stlyin moe
    Alright! Fine! I'll go! I can't take the pressure, you're killin me here... Now what are the odds I'll find an accessible room at an event with a bazillion wheelers?

Will the weather be warm enough to wear a thong?...lol

Who's with me? C'mon, over the hill I think they're friendly indians...
    Great for you! I am looking forward to seeing you. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis
    I'd love to go, but I'm not going to be able to.

Max Baucus, Conrad Burns, and Denny Rehberg have all been been written to and emailed. They're each going to get a phone call too here in the next few weeks to remind them that I am a thorn in their side. I've also let them know that they've had a quite few working, taxpaying wheelers leave the state due to inadequate healthcare and no support system for SCI here. Considering the number of people here that are hurt due to skiing, motoX, racing, snowmobiling, and other things--that lack of support is quite tragic.
    Jadis, thank you so much. Everybody who cannot go should post here. We should present a list of people who support the rally to the rally organizers, perhaps to read or show... to represent those who are there in spirit although not in person.

Wise.

Wish to God I could be there, but unfortunantly it is impossible for me to attend. I will be there in spirit and prayers. I myself am not in a wheelchair, my 7 yr. old daughter is due to a terrible accident when she was 3. It is unfair that she should spend her time unable to walk and run like other kids. Although she seems not bothered by it, but it tears me apart. Please speak for my daughter and all other children who cannot attend. They should have a brighter future and know that their country cares about them. That they are not just to be shoved aside and forgotten and made to "deal with it".
    Sorry, I am starting to prattle here. It just makes me angry how she is treated and others in her condition too. Just know you have my full support.

Robynbyrd-

I wish you could be there too. Your "prattle" was very moving. You should write something similar, send me 3 copies of it along with 3 pics of your daughter (and her wheelchair.) I would be proud to place it on the desks of your legislators personally. PM me, seriously.

EVERYBODY that can't go should do this, actually. It's so hard to travel with SCI and that's one of our problems.

Cody, Denise, and I are coming!!!!!!! Cody may have to leave before the rally due to finals, but I making me a packet to give to his teacher to show how important it is for Cody to be in Washington D.C. so maybe his teacher will change the final date.