Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Modifications - Raising Roof/Lowering Floor

Vehicle Modifications - Raising Roof/Lowering Floor

Looking for vehicle suggestions that are able to accomodate raising the roof AND lowering the floor....

My driving eval guy has said that due to my height I'm probably gonna need to be looking at a vehicle that can be raised and lowered....He also told me that if I was still in a powerchair like I once was that I probably wouldn't be able to find a vehicle suitable for me (I was 5 feet tall in the powerchair )

He suggested the Pontiac Montana (Pic below)....but after looking at Kristi's truck, man I wanna get back in one of those So I guess my question is, does anyone know of a truck that is adjustable enough to fit me?

Are you working with Dan Cox?

you looking to drive from your chair or transfer?

I think Ryno could do custom interior heights... they're not a massive operation... you could try calling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett

I think Ryno could do custom interior heights... they're not a massive operation... you could try calling them.
    If the state Of Ohio is involved, the bids are in Ohio. If your working w BVR jayday, I can help you out if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    Are you working with Dan Cox?
    Yea! Do you know him well? He's hyilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    If the state Of Ohio is involved, the bids are in Ohio. If your working w BVR jayday, I can help you out if you'd like.
    Correct again, but I've got a good relationship with BVR....My main question was on vehicles, but I'd be grateful for any inside advice with BVR...Thanks
    Last edited by jayday9; 04-25-2006 at 07:21 PM.

How much interior height do you need? I sat in the Honda Element last week. It has a lot of headroom and costs about the same price as a van. The new ones are available with all of the plastic panels painted, making it look a lot better. The ramp can be put on either side. I'm thinking of going this route.

http://www.freedommotors.com/xwav/XWav_Specs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett

Scott I missed your post the first time...Sorry about that....But to answer your question, I'll be driving from my manual chair and have one of those EZ lock systems to strap me in....

I'm not familiar with Ryno?

edit- I just looked up their site and that really looks like something I'd be interested in....The videos were unbearably cheesy, but that's definitely what I envisioned....Is that what you drive Scott? A pick-up?

Jay-
    Kristi's truck is a Ryno conversion...just FYI
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

damn jayday... 5' in a manual? i'm 55'' in a powerchair and just fit in a Montana with a 12'' drop floor... good luck on finding something with some headroom, i hope you do 'cause a full-size van would SUCK...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    damn jayday... 5' in a manual? i'm 55'' in a powerchair and just fit in a Montana with a 12'' drop floor... good luck on finding something with some headroom, i hope you do 'cause a full-size van would SUCK...
    No, no, no...lol....I was 5' in the powerchair....