Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Quad Loser?

That is awesome, good job Chris!

Lately I feel like my legs are turning at the hips - looks like yours might be too?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I'm sure it wasn't easy...Good Job Span!

*And those boxes are cute! haha. *
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Chris- Wow, you inspire me for sure. The way you perservere is awesome.
    I'm also c5/6 with the belly.......dislike it a bit for sure. After seeing your pics i'm a man with a goal. thanks for the courage to share that.

mikey

Talking

You are not only looking good, your attitude rocks! I wonder if you could show or tell what kind of wrist weights you use! Great thread. Deb

Quote Originally Posted by intelmikey47
    Chris- Wow, you inspire me for sure. The way you perservere is awesome.
    I'm also c5/6 with the belly.......dislike it a bit for sure. After seeing your pics i'm a man with a goal. thanks for the courage to share that.

mikey
    Mikey,

This is exactly why I shared my photos re diet/exercise plan. Losing weight as a quad is HARD, no doubt about it. In many respects, I still can't believe I pulled it off. Neither can most of my family.

I'll add that it took a dramatic change in attitude for me to achieve this. It's natural for SCIs to feel insecure about so many aspects concerning our bodies. I realised about 18 months ago I'm never going to meet 'Mrs Right' if I don't learn to love myself a little more. How can you put yourself out there if you don't love yourself first?

While I can't change being a quad, I have used the past 2 years to do a lot of things I've neglected/put off for years. Treating my sleep apnea, getting a supra-pubic catheter, having lasik eye surgery and losing weight have all helped me love myself a little more.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister
    You are not only looking good, your attitude rocks! I wonder if you could show or tell what kind of wrist weights you use! Great thread. Deb
    Deb,

I will get photos of my wrist weights in the next couple of days. I should also note that I've started taking a multi-vitamin every day. Given my low caloric intake, I worry about getting all the nutrients my body needs.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Way to go on losing the weight...I'm trying to lose the weight myself...the hard part is keeping it off once it's off is my problem...keep up the good work...

Quote Originally Posted by cspanos
    Deb,

I will get photos of my wrist weights in the next couple of days. I should also note that I've started taking a multi-vitamin every day. Given my low caloric intake, I worry about getting all the nutrients my body needs.

Chris.
    YO CHRIS, ARE U SUPPLEMENTING ANY PROTEIN. 0 to very little calories in straight protein shakes.

are u useing a stationary handcycle[saratoga],. that really kicks the cal burn up
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

First of fall, I wanted to say that I am happy for you to have made such an achievement thus far!

I now weigh 83 kgs (183 lbs). I hope to get down to 68 kgs (150 lbs) by Christmas 2006, and then I'll re-assess if I need to lose any more weight.

WARNING: These pictures were taken au naturele for maximum effect. Even though they're tasteful, you probably don't want to open these in a library (thanks jayday9 for the heads-up!).

Chris.
    At 5' 9" you are already very close to where you should probably be, around 165 to 175..."re-assess if I need to lose any more weight"...at 150 lb...ummm, now that would worry me. What is the ideal weight for a man 5' 9" anyhow?
    And ummm, Oh my...yeah, the boxes...

edit: BTW, fuente is right w/ protein shakes. And vitamins are good but time released vitamins/supplements are better.
    Last edited by teesieme; 04-28-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

How can you put yourself out there if you don't love yourself first?
    Cspanos,

Your attitude is exceptional!