Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Hello and Welcome Michelle. If anyone can help, I'm sure you will find it here. You must be one special girl to care so much to learn more for your boyfriend.

Mom to Michael, 16 and Heather, 13, T-12, 5 years post.

You can look in the NEW SCI forum. There is information there. It does sound like a myelomenigocele or something similiar.
    As you can see from your many posts, SCI is what you make of it. He sounds like he is doing great.
    You might tell him that you are trying to find out more information & see how he feels about it. I bet he can tell you alot.But don't pressure him.
    There are numerous forums here and lots of people to answer your questions or just get support from.

CWO

You want to be my little sister?

Hey, Michelle! I'm Katie, I'm 16, and I'm very new to the whole SCI thing, so I don't know how much help I'll be. But it's cool to meet another girl here!
    Last edited by Katieg; 04-21-2006 at 02:07 PM.

your right.... we don't care about "sweet guys"
    but sweet girls are great,
    your b/f is lucky to have such a friend.
    stay sweet for him.
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Welcome to CC Michelle...Ask, or feel free to PM any questions you might have....

Smile

Hey everyone..thanks so much. Nicci65... don't be sorry for asking questions! lol I have known him since sixth grade and we have went out since June 4th of last year (my b-day!!) We do go to the same school, he has full movement in his arms... he can sit straight up, but only if he holds himself up with his arms or is leaning back. He doesn't have control his bladder. (I know I worded that wrong...sorry, wasn't sure how to.) SCI-Nurse... He does tell me about his injury, but he himself doesn't know much about it. I'm not sure if his mother doesn't know, or if she just doesn't tell him. I don't pressure him to either, he knows that anytime he would ever want to talk I would always be there him not matter what or why, and he also knows that anytime he doesn't want to talk about something...that's fine with me also. He also knows that I try to find out more about it, and he told me "thank you so much, I'm happy to hear that someone cares about it and doesn't just see it as something of the past, search away!" (then he laughed...lol) so I'm guessing he is okay with me finding out more about it... Kkmay... your little sister..? explain please...lol To everyone else, thank you all so much! It's so very nice meeting all of you. Take Care...
    ~*Michelle*~
    ~*Michelle*~ .... "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to presevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."...Christopher Reeve

About the little sister comment, I was only kidding, I just always wanted a little sister my whole life. And you being 15 and me being 22 makes perfect sense. Catch you later

lol, well I figured that you were kidding... I just was wondering where it came from, but now I know... I wish my brothers always wanted a lil sister...or at least acted like it! lol
    ~*Michelle*~
    ~*Michelle*~ .... "I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to presevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."...Christopher Reeve

It's settled then. I am officially your big brother on this web site.