Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sea Inside

The Sea Inside

Has anybody seen this movie? It tells a real story about a quad who wanted to die in Spain. The actor does a superb job. The movie won an Oscar.

....its more about him wanting to die on his own terms than where....its an excellent movie...book is even better

I watched the film on the TV not so long ago on my own. I had heard good things about it. I knew that it would interest me but what I hadn't expected was to cry bucketloads over about the last third of the film. It started at the sequence when he dreams that he gets up and travels out his window and ends up on the beach. I cried partly because I liked the character so much and partly because I recognized in him the dignity and humour that so many quads & paras show in the face of paralysis, and partly I cried for his friends and family who had to let him go. And in all honesty I think that some of the tears were for myself too. Those ones rarely get shed these days.

Quote Originally Posted by justadildo
    ....its more about him wanting to die on his own terms than where....its an excellent movie...book is even better
    Sorry, let me rephrase: a quad in Spain who...By the way, the language spoken by Sampedro┬┤s family is gallego, from Galicia, in Spain. The woman lawyer has CADASIL, a degenerative disease.
    I cried, too, with this movie.

=Cripply] Has anybody seen this movie? It tells a real story about a quad who wanted to die in Spain. The actor does a superb job. The movie won an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by justadildo

justadildo, now if you had never seen the movie this would make perfect sense. Tell us you're pulling our...oh,... whatever.
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

Yes, fantastic film. I wish Ramon Sampedro's book had an English translation.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

i do too,then i could have read it to myself........its called letters from inferno, its not so much a book as a journal, with his will at the end.....if we lived closer, i'd have my daughter read it to you also, as she is fluent in 4 languages besides english...and as i'm sure you also know, she had to borrow a copy from her university due to the limited number printed...i don't think they're even avail here for retail........now reach up and yank on your panties, i think they're in a bunch
    Last edited by justadildo; 04-16-2006 at 10:25 PM.

btw...sorry cripply, i read it as "a guy who wanted to die in spain" and not how you meant it....i read it too literally, my apologies, i try to read slower but sometimes its a bit before the brain catches up

While I was doing some research on another movie I came across

the Independent Spirit Awards The Spirit Awards celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2005. The awards were hosted by Samuel L. Jackson, and winners included: ''Sideways,'' which won six awards including Best Feature and Best Director (Alexander Payne); ''Garden State'' for Best First Feature (Zach Braff); Catalina Sandino Moreno in ''Maria Full of Grace'' for Best Female Lead; ''The Sea Inside'' for Best Foreign Film; and ''Metallica: Some Kind of Monster'' for Best Documentary.

...MORE
    ...also check IMDB Message Boards
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Why when people make Oscar winning movies about crips it involves there death? but when you make one about crips livin there lives and not thinking about or be interested in dying it loses to a film about penguins doin the same ole penguin stuff they been doin since the beginning of penguin time..