Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: tires squeaking.......

  1. #11
    thanks for the input guys.....

    an yep..... i know keepin full tire pressure helps a lil but they still squeek. ive tried the armor all before. it didnt help. im thinkin maybe try to strip the floors an rewax them. theyve been moppin with pine-sol. im gonna check on that bona-x stuff.

    oh an capn gimp.......

    they already fear my presence cause i'm a good toe getter,lol.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Scorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    Try a cleaning solution called: Bona-x That should help you're tire squeeking problem.
    Chris, where can one find that stuff, and can you use it without rinsing it off with water? I need something to help clean my tires so my caarpet stays cleaan once I come inside. Or is that for cleaning the floors?

  3. #13
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,522
    tattoo'd, crippled and employed - yippee for me.

    ..been working over 2 years now. In an office. The same office the whole time. And for whatever reason my wheelchair tires in the last six months have been squaking ridiculously. The cleaning lady must have switched cleaners, I haven't a clue because I've never seen this mythical being.

    Anyway - is there anyone who has come up with a solution? I've tried two different type of tires - Schwalbe Marathon Plus and now running a smooth Kenda Kontester. I am a tire pressure Nazi - always have full or better pressure. I tried Armor All'ng them today. No luck. Tempted to try Turtle Wax next, but I dread the thought of transferring out of the tub/shower or on the pool deck.

    Considering those socks that go over the entire tire but that's far from ideal for when I need to run out in the shop. Does anyone remember the name of them?

    Please help me I am driving my co-workers mad (and more importantly myself)

  4. #14
    I ignore my squeaky tires. It will go away.

  5. #15
    If your camber is off slightly (toe in, toe out) it will make your tires more likely to squeak on clean floors. Just combine with moisture or slightly low pressure could cause them to squeak more often.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Chris, where can one find that stuff, and can you use it without rinsing it off with water? I need something to help clean my tires so my caarpet stays cleaan once I come inside. Or is that for cleaning the floors?
    The Bona or Bona X company makes a large line of wood floor, laminate floor, tile floor, and cabinet cleaners and polishes. Their various products are available in many supermarkets, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Walmart, Target, Costco, and on line stores.
    https://us.bona.com/

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    480
    Are the tires old? If the tread is bare than the squeakyness happens no matter how often you fill them. In my experience, anyway.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

  8. #18
    Maybe try a different tire? I've had good luck with Schwalbe Marathon Plus series tires.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

  9. #19
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    tattoo'd, crippled and employed - yippee for me.

    ..been working over 2 years now. In an office. The same office the whole time. And for whatever reason my wheelchair tires in the last six months have been squaking ridiculously. The cleaning lady must have switched cleaners, I haven't a clue because I've never seen this mythical being.

    Anyway - is there anyone who has come up with a solution? I've tried two different type of tires - Schwalbe Marathon Plus and now running a smooth Kenda Kontester. I am a tire pressure Nazi - always have full or better pressure. I tried Armor All'ng them today. No luck. Tempted to try Turtle Wax next, but I dread the thought of transferring out of the tub/shower or on the pool deck.

    Considering those socks that go over the entire tire but that's far from ideal for when I need to run out in the shop. Does anyone remember the name of them?

    Please help me I am driving my co-workers mad (and more importantly myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by rshadd View Post
    Maybe try a different tire? I've had good luck with Schwalbe Marathon Plus series tires.
    Why do you post if you don't actually read and comprehend what you are responding to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Are the tires old? If the tread is bare than the squeakyness happens no matter how often you fill them. In my experience, anyway.
    Actually I don't remember the "original" Marathon's I had on before that were ancient ever being squeaky. Curious how when the new tread pattern of them were brought out there were multiple posts here about how mushy the new style seemed to be compared to the "original". Like a car tire (or any rubber) they get harder over time. I suspect many of the "original" were quite old and hard which contributed to their better rolling resistance.

    I'm going to dig my oldest baldest set of Marathons out of my parts cave and give them a try. Fact is I only put the smooth Kontester's on in the spring to reduce the amount of sand/grit/debris I drag inside with a treaded tire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    I ignore my squeaky tires. It will go away.
    Like when you die? If you read the posts we are looking for a solution. (other than burying my head in the sand)


    Has anyone tried talcum powder? One of my co-workers suggested it, but he really doesn't know much about anything.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    ...Has anyone tried talcum powder?...
    I use talc on my shoe bottoms so they will slide on our wood floors as my indoor chairs do not have footrests. If you use talc on your wheels, you may not get *any* traction.
    Last edited by nonoise; 07-23-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Similar Threads

  1. Air filled tires (maintenance etc.)
    By Jeff B in forum Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM
  2. Colored wheelchair tires
    By BILLY37 in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
  3. tires for my chair
    By chester in forum Life
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 09:57 AM
  4. Primo Tires wearing out fast
    By calibanon in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 12:45 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2002, 04:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •