Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Dr. Geeta Shroff in India still taking patients?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Ask her yourself. She has a facebook page.
    She's been doing TED presentations as well.
    She's happy and progressing, why all the hate?
    I agree with you, Liz.

In my opinion, Amanda is entitled to her opinion and I respect her for wanting to get better. I have other friends who believe that Geeta Shroff's therapies are beneficial, including some who may not have gotten better themselves because of Shroff's therapy. We should respect them and not attack them for expressing their beliefs.

Wise.

Liz
    What do you mean all the hate?
    I have asked her 3 times already no answer
    i will do it again tonight
    last september i was invited to Switzerland by Dr Armin Curt for a screening test to try out Cell therapy in a trial, flights for me and a partner accommodation and food all was free of charge. i had all my MRI's Asia scales and God knows how many other tests prepared so treatment could be monitored and scientifically verified. My wish was to inform all you CC members and others scientifically and without doubt if the treatment would be safe and efficacy shown and even if not. i would of proudly shown this to all who suffer from SCI but all we hear from Shroff and Amanda is Bla Bla Bla and not one shread of scientific proof which is a shame as a lot of money is paid for this sussh it's a secret therapy.

Amanda says she was given an intramuscular injection by Scroff in the arm and within hours she could move her toes
    This is a scam.

Wise sorry but this is not about a belief or opinion
    It's about scientific proof.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Liz
    What do you mean all the hate?
    I have asked her 3 times already no answer
    i will do it again tonight
    last september i was invited to Switzerland by Dr Armin Curt for a screening test to try out Cell therapy in a trial, flights for me and a partner accommodation and food all was free of charge. i had all my MRI's Asia scales and God knows how many other tests prepared so treatment could be monitored and scientifically verified. My wish was to inform all you CC members and others scientifically and without doubt if the treatment would be safe and efficacy shown and even if not. i would of proudly shown this to all who suffer from SCI but all we hear from Shroff and Amanda is Bla Bla Bla and not one shread of scientific proof which is a shame as a lot of money is paid for this sussh it's a secret therapy.

Amanda says she was given an intramuscular injection by Scroff in the arm and within hours she could move her toes
    This is a scam.
    Peter,

I understand. I also disagree with Amanda but don't think that this justifies a personal attack of her. Personal attacks inhibit people from posting here. That is not good, as I hope you would agree. Some people believe that Geeta Shroff's therapy helped them and we need to hear from them.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 12-21-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Peter,

I understand. I also disagree with Amanda but don't think that this justifies a personal attack of her. Personal attacks inhibit people from posting here. That is not good, as I hope you would agree. Some people believe that Geeta Shroff's therapy helped them and we need to hear from them.

Wise.
    I wish I had your demeanor Wise. How she came present at these TED presentation with snake oil based on zero evidence is obscene. It evokes such hostility in me because it undermines the fact that there is no chronic treatment. I mean with no funding, alone in secret, she discovered the cure and she's keeps all the science propitiatory? I wish I could disagree diplomatically and non offensively. I lack the self control and objectivity.

2 years after my injury I began to be able to walk with a walker. I love trail mix and began a vegetarian based diet and vitamin therapy of high doses of vitamins. I have return of bowel control as well. all returning 5 months after my changes in diet. Imagine if I exploited my diet to others for money.............

Jhope,
    I know what you are talking about. At 2 years I was worse off than at 2 months. They told me no return after 2 years and 3,4 were the best. I've gone as far as to walk the top of the building where the building that held the building that fell on me came from. Now THAT'S RECOVERY. Look mom no fear, but I didn't get money for it, only the personal satisfaction, because I WILL be satisfied. I don't know how much longer it is going to last and I hope for something soon, even if it isn't %100. Something Please, not snake oil and a bill.

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    Jhope,
    I know what you are talking about. At 2 years I was worse off than at 2 months. They told me no return after 2 years and 3,4 were the best. I've gone as far as to walk the top of the building where the building that held the building that fell on me came from. Now THAT'S RECOVERY. Look mom no fear, but I didn't get money for it, only the personal satisfaction, because I WILL be satisfied. I don't know how much longer it is going to last and I hope for something soon, even if it isn't %100. Something Please, not snake oil and a bill.
    Awesome!

In 1947, Salk accepted an appointment to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. In 1948, he undertook a project funded by the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis to determine the number of different types of polio virus. Salk saw an opportunity to extend this project towards developing a vaccine against polio, and, together with the skilled research team he assembled, devoted himself to this work for the next seven years. The field trial set up to test the Salk vaccine was, according to O'Neill, "the most elaborate program of its kind in history, involving 20,000 physicians and public health officers, 64,000 school personnel, and 220,000 volunteers." Over 1,800,000 school children took part in the trial.[3] When news of the vaccine's success was made public on April 12, 1955, Salk was hailed as a "miracle worker", and the day "almost became a national holiday." His sole focus had been to develop a safe and effective vaccine as rapidly as possible, with no interest in personal profit. When he was asked in a televised interview who owned the patent to the vaccine, Salk replied: "There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?"[4]
    He gave it away for free......................

I'm a dentist and have many friends that are physicians and we are all disgusted with where medicine is and where it's headed. We went to the moon to prove we can do it. where is the effort now?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    I know Amanda. She's doing well. She's working with the exoskeleton.
    And she is very excited about what eLegs has allowed her to do. Having spent a few days with her and Eythor Bender I will say it is the exoskeleton and she does not walk without it. She is an accomplished speaker and her enthusiasm for life shines.

I would prefer to see a regenerative intervention but for some the eLegs is an exciting intervention. This community of SCI has many different dreams of how to get to the ultimate goal.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    And she is very excited about what eLegs has allowed her to do. Having spent a few days with her and Eythor Bender I will say it is the exoskeleton and she does not walk without it. She is an accomplished speaker and her enthusiasm for life shines.

I would prefer to see a regenerative intervention but for some the eLegs is an exciting intervention. This community of SCI has many different dreams of how to get to the ultimate goal.

Let me preface this in that I am upset at the moment. I want me back so bad. I hurt bad this time of year. I truly respect and feel for all of you.

elegs is a gadget. a joke . a waste of effort. It's a robotic ride. a wheelchair is safer. They have standup wheelchairs, ibot etc..... That is nobody's dream as it's not walking in any definition. a non military suit to do construction like in avatar maybe.. But as a quad that's no dream.......

The military app is awesome with ironman super hero like potential.