Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RC planes

RC planes

Does anyone fly RC planes? I'm wanting to get into it and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts. My neighbor builds and flies park jets and they are pretty cool.

I don't fly rc airplanes but I do run the rc nitro 4wd trucks. They are great...I have a track in the back by the barn. These things run 40 MPH plus and they do some flying of there own. My son and son-in-law also run them and it is slick racing them and doing horrendous jumps with them. You can actually do mid air corrections much like racing motocross and using the throttle or the brake to bring the front end up or down during a jump. I have a Traxxas Revo...my son and son-in-law both have Revo's too. My son has a few other vehicles. The great thing about these is they take a beating and don't break as bad as when you crash a plane or helicopter. Plus you can drive them in the yard, although it is definitely more fun to run them around a track with other racers. They have many RC tracks around the country and most tracks are very accommodating to wheelchairs users.

I haven't flown RC in years! I enjoyed building them as much as flying.
    My old Futaba is in the attic someplace, wasted away with time. Not sure what the current frequencies are either, like I said it's been a long time.

RC can cost a pretty penny. Hit your neighbore up for current product info/prices. Check out the shops and such. Since the neighbore also is involved, he/she could potentially give yu a lot of current inside info.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I've flew planes off and on over the years. My last was in 2002. It's sits atop the MG in the garage now. It's a too many hobbies thing.
    If you want to get into it at a cheap price, go ebay, hobbie stores are EXPENSIVE. Go electric also. It's simple and doesn't aggravate neighbors as much. Plus, you can soar with the birds.
    ALL KINDS of info on the net, search.
    Building is great fun also if you like that sort of thing. Start with a slow trainer if you have never flown before. I have software that I can hook my radio up to my computer and fly over 50 different types of aircraft on screen for practice/training.

I have Too..... Brand new never flown, only assemble Plane, radio, everything.....Sittinng at my folks collecting dust

1300 wasted, well sorta......It was fun building.

I raced rc cars about 15 years ago. I had an RC10, it looked like a sand rail. It was fun. We had a public track down the road. I got tired of charging the batteries all the time. I think if I got back in I would have to go gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ricandshe
    I raced rc cars about 15 years ago. I had an RC10, it looked like a sand rail. It was fun. We had a public track down the road. I got tired of charging the batteries all the time. I think if I got back in I would have to go gas.
    Things have changed much since your RC10! Check this web site.

http://www.traxxas.com/

i race 1/8th scale nitro huge fun, huge money as well. my track is a few posts down
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks for the input. It all looks like loads of fun to me. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah it's cool stuff. I've wanted to get into r/c helicoptors & couple it with photography (check out this guy in Montana: http://gravityshots.com/ ); I've looked into the details & can't drop that kind of cash though... b/c if I do it, I'll do it right the 1st time.