Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: My New Baby!!!

Talking My New Baby!!!

I just brought home my new truck yesterday! It is a 2006 Black (w/ Tan interior) Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab, Stepside bed w/ TRD Offroad pkg, equipped w/ a 4.7L V8! I am planning on putting Bruno equipment in the truck to aid getting myself and my wheelchair in and out of the truck. www.bruno.com & www.turningautomotiveseat.com/turny_orbit.htm
    I have reviewed and checked out 5 different adaptive installers, and I am pretty sure that I am going with Ride-A-Way in Londonderry, NH. Please let me know of any positive or negative experiences any of you may have had w/ them. www.ride-away.com

I will keep this thread updated as the work progresses on my truck.

Here are some pics of me drooling over my new baby
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Another angle
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I love the stepside bed
    Winston Churchill

Sweet ride!! Them black trucks are NICE aren't they?

My personalized plates got approved for MY truck and I pick up MY truck Tuesday whether they like it or not! 6 weeks is more than enough time.

Are ya thinking of mods for your truck yet? It's SO hard not to look for rims, etc. especially when ya have boys telling ya oh ya should get this or ya should get that. Kristi needs to save up money before she gets any mods. It will be next summer before I get rims...I'm sure of it.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Nice Ride!!!

I had my hand controls done by Ride-Away...it was not the same branch as the one you are going to (mine was in East Hartford, CT), but overall I was very impressed by their service and their quickness to install them (without my ride...there would be no going to work for me). I think you have made a good choice...and it is even better that they are going to hook you up with your new (and may I add sweet) ride!

does toyota do the 1000 reimbursement for hand controls.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Nice ride man. Will your chair go in there without taking the wheels off?

it's so shiny...

nice truck; have fun.

KVP - I love my Tundra. Good luck with yours.

The only thing I'd be a little concerned with is the positioning of your chair lift in the bed. With the step-side (narrower bed) your room for clearance is a little tighter and your ability to haul stuff a little less. Mine is a limited with the fleet side.

I agree, step-side looks great I just hope the mods work for you.

Kristi - I'll have to post some pics of mine with rims, stainless steel dual exhausts, custom xm radio, sunroof, etc. I'm going to probably add blue-tooth with the parrot option this summer so the hands free cell with visual readout of ph # as well. Unfortunately, quad driving and cell phone use (even with a headset) don't go together very well. Blue tooth is the way to go imho..

Glad to see others driving trucks...