Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conceivable Scripts for Legislator Visits

Hi hollster. Yes, this rally is being organized by Unite 2 Fight Paralysis and the Christopher Reeve Foundation. U2FP is still basically rookies, for most of us this is our 2nd lobbying excursion. However CRF are paid professional lobbyists.

They are customizing the talking points by participant/state/legislator and presenting a session on advocacy at the Monday morning symposium.

Some of the lobbyists presenting will be Michael Manganiello and Adam Gluck.

U2FP has been working on a daily basis with fellow organizer Tricia Brooks, director of government relations for the Christopher Reeve Foundation.

BigB/BigB jnr , Quote ''I am not sure about the position of You, Steven, or other moderators, even though they post here all the time. It was refreshing to hear Curt Leatherbee speak up for what he believed in. His point was clear.''Unquote .

If you don't know the position of mods , please stop saying things like ,
    Quote ''1)I have been finding out that this is not a good place to discuss cure advocacy unless you hook line and sinker what the moderators of this site support. All their efforts are based on protecting the CR Bill. You can't discuss advocacy here, you are told the CR Bill is the ultimate. So much so, they don't mind hurting the effort to pass Hr810.
    2) Even more bizarre was moderators agressively supporting Mr. Edwards notion of lobbying for an alternative to ESC.
    3)I regret that carecure moderators are taking to the task of making sure their choice of advocacy should not be questioned at all.''Unquote .

These are only a few samples of what you both have said about mods . I will ask you a question that I have asked many times and have not ever been answered and doubt if I will be this time either .

Given the types of statements above , what is my stance on ESCs and ESCR ?

If you really don't know my and other mods stance on ESC issues , please stop posting as if you do .
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Quote Originally Posted by howboutdis
    What have you done to promote esc research if you are for it? Or do you use one congressman from OK as something to hide behind?
    I don't hide. I'm also not a political idiot. I will never-no, not if I chain myself to the White House gates and set myself on fire-never change Coburn's mind about esc research.

What have YOU done to promote esc research, Bob?

I'll give one sample for me.

I contacted the Miami Project and got them to support Prop 71.

Your turn, howboutdis.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    I'll give one sample for me.

I contacted the Miami Project and got them to support Prop 71.

Your turn, howboutdis.
    Steven, you mean you single handedly got Miami Project to support prop 71, and if not for you they weren't going too?

Steven, you mean you single handedly got Miami Project to support prop 71, and if not for you they weren't going too?
    I guess that means Bob didn't contact Miami Project to support prop 71.

It's not fair to ask a question, get a response, then mock it.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I guess that means Bob didn't contact Miami Project to support prop 71.

It's not fair to ask a question, get a response, then mock it.
    Back off please, The way the statement reads it is unclear about what it implies. You are so quick to start trouble betheny. It is your way of derailing good conversation. Even last week we were getting compliments on the conversation until you stepped in.

Whoa - when did BigBob switch names? I see he still just doesn't get it.

Let's just say that Don Reed (if memory serves) asked for my help. I spoke with them and they signed up. Again, if memory serves... ah, I just checked my email archives.

I sent an email on 7/21/2004. I spoke with Dalton Dietrich (and a few others) a few days later about Prop 71 and their September 2004 action alert urged Californians to vote yes on Prop 71. I believe Dr. Dietrich mentioned that I was the only person to contact him about the Miami Project supporting Prop 71.

I suppose anyone could have contacted them, but Don asked me to do so for some reason. I provided them with the appropriate contact details to get listed as an "endorser" and -- magically -- they became one.

They wouldn't have opposed it, I don't think, but they had no plans to endorse it until I contacted them.

Again, your turn?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Back off please, The way the statement reads it is unclear about what it implies. You are so quick to start trouble betheny. It is your way of derailing good conversation. Even last week we were getting compliments on the conversation until you stepped in.
    Sorry if I interpreted your post as mocking. It still seems that way to me, but so be it. When will you tell us about your efforts on behalf of SCREA?

I responded to the CNN poll. Good link, thank you.