Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the input, now anyone want to review

Thanks for the input, now anyone want to review

Thanks for the input about buying a chair on ebay. Has anyone here ever used a Colours Boing wheelchair?

For some reason I have always wanted one. I love watching motocross racing and think it would be cool to have a suspension on my chair. For 375.00 I think I can swing it.

Please share your experience with this chair if you can.

Thanks.

sux2sit,

Go to the equipment forum and check out the "My Colours Boing - with specs..." that Jadis started. She has one and so do I. I use my for getting around the barn and general off road type stuff. You won't be able to use it like a Terra Trek but it is still good on the rough stuff. Pretty cushy on the tushy. There are lots of pictures of the chairs in that thread.

its heavier than most. but a great chair
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    its heavier than most. but a great chair
    Direct side by side comparison to the Spazz....It's not any heavier to push....AND maybe it's the extra crap I've got on my spazz, but it's no heavier to load either......This is over the past 5 days visiting Jadis in MT...It's supposed to be 10lbs heavier but it sure does NOT seem as such. Also, since my spazz was a demo that I bought thru e-bay, we're not sure of the original manufacture date(gotta check that), and it may have been a heavier frame when it was made than the spazz's are now...but we're just speculating....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I have one and absolutely love it. It's 23lbs, and not a big deal as far as weight. When I put it in my van, I lift the front end and set the castors in the van then pull it in.

Sis, as far as your "extra crap" that's not enough to count for the extra weight on your chair. It's definitely heavier than mine. I was so surprised. Yes, you have anti-tippers and a net, but I have my small backpack and a longer frame. I was expecting your chair to be so much lighter than mine. I wish we would have had time to strip them both down. I would have liked to switched your axel to my chair, just for giggles.

I plan to call Colours and talk to them about your chair just to see if there is a diiference between the 2002 and 2006 Spazz as far as weight.

i say eclipse over spazz. its lighter.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i say eclipse over spazz. its lighter.
    From my research, the Eclipse and the (current)Spazz are approx the same weight. However, it's not JUST the weight of the frame to take into consideration when picking out a chair tho....I could NEVER load the eclipse frame into a vehicle between myself and a steering wheel...Too much bulk of the frame...The SPAZZ Frame(and also the Boing) has WAYYYY Less to it. A LOT easier to load between self and steering wheel when having to compensate for a chest. Something Fuente has NO concept of and never can/will...

ETA:As has been previously discussed, MY Spazz is older and for some reason as currently set up, heavier than SHOULD be....This is NOT and indication of the current weight of the Spazz, plus the extras & mods that are on mine....
    Last edited by Broknwing; 04-13-2006 at 05:09 AM.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

i have messed w/ both. a guy on my rugby team has one, it sure seems heavier. the spazz is designed for someone straight out, or still in rehab. all that adjustability just leaves more crap to go wrong. imo
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Didja ever think that MAYBE, just MAYBE his chair might be larger than yours? I mean, you force yourself into such a small ass seat...The larger the frame, the heavier it's gonna be....please explain "all that adjustability" to go wrong on the Spazz? WTF???? The Eclipse is adjustable as well...Quoted from the Colours website here "The "Eclipse" offers total adjustability and flexibility in setups that few chairs can match." SO how exactly does the Spazz have MORE adjustability than the Eclipse?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Sux2Sit.....I am so sorry for hijacking your thread....back to topic here....

When I was in MT visiting Jadis, I LOVED using her Boing....am DEF thinking about getting one next....I think $375 is a GREAT price, hope the shipping charges are decent, check on those with the seller.....Let us know how it goes......
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03