Thread: Windows OneCare Live

Windows OneCare Live

Microsoft Announces Pricing and Licensing Details for Windows OneCare Live

Promotional price offered to early testers of all-in-one PC care service slated for June 2006 release.

REDMOND, Wash. — Feb. 7, 2006 — Microsoft Corp. today announced final licensing and pricing information for its soon-to-be-released Windows OneCare™ Live, the all-in-one, automatic and self-updating PC care service aimed at helping consumers more easily protect and maintain their PCs to keep them running well. Now available free to new beta testers in the United States, at http://ideas.live.com, Microsoft® Windows OneCare Live will be available in June from retailers and via the Web for an annual subscription of $49.95 MSRP for up to three personal computers. To thank its valuable beta customers and offer an easy transition to the paid service, Microsoft also announced today a promotional deal offering the first year of Windows OneCare Live service for $19.95 to beta customers who become subscribers between April 1 and April 30, 2006.

Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Microsoft Announces Pricing and Licensing Details for Windows OneCare Live

Promotional price offered to early testers of all-in-one PC care service slated for June 2006 release.

REDMOND, Wash. — Feb. 7, 2006 — Microsoft Corp. today announced final licensing and pricing information for its soon-to-be-released Windows OneCare™ Live, the all-in-one, automatic and self-updating PC care service aimed at helping consumers more easily protect and maintain their PCs to keep them running well. Now available free to new beta testers in the United States, at http://ideas.live.com, Microsoft® Windows OneCare Live will be available in June from retailers and via the Web for an annual subscription of $49.95 MSRP for up to three personal computers. To thank its valuable beta customers and offer an easy transition to the paid service, Microsoft also announced today a promotional deal offering the first year of Windows OneCare Live service for $19.95 to beta customers who become subscribers between April 1 and April 30, 2006.

Microsoft
    I'm not experiencing any particullar problems running Firefox and Opera as my browsers and using the Kerio shareware firewall but this sounds interesting.

How chancy would it be for an intermediate PCer like myself to install and use the beta version of this program.
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

It is in Beta, but it's almost ready for Prime Time. You could still run Opera or Firefox, but their Antivirus and Antispyware programs are less demanding on your system resources. I do like the fact that they offer free Tech Support. I would suggest putting on this on a computer that is a back-up in case something goes wrong. I think Microsoft is moving in the right direction with this security software and this is what they needed to do a long time ago. I will probably put it on one of my computers.