Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: different theories on advocacy, I guess

Cherry, you did the right thing

I would like to share a summary of the CRPA with you in an effort to convince you of its merits. The CRPA has strong bi-partisan support and is non-controversial. I believe it has been off the political radar in recent years due to other issues being more high profile (War, Katrina, etc). Also, I would like you to know that the CRPA does not mention or contain any legislation referring to stem cell research. Stem Cell research is a "hot button" topic for many Americans and I think many who are opposed to the CRPA believe it contains a "Stem cell Agenda". It does not.
    Why are they so apologetic about stem cell research?

Quote Originally Posted by howboutdis
    Why are they so apologetic about stem cell research?
    The language was removed because of people with views similar to Linda H's.

Last edited by Leif; 04-14-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Leif--I'm not understanding your point. The CRPA is the CRPA. Have you read the summary? If not, it is posted throughout this thread and can be found here:
    http://www.christopherreeve.org/site....BDC3/CRPA.htm

It doesn't even refer to any specific research at all. How can this be harmful to the cure effort? The primary objective of the W2W rally is passage of the CRPA.

Last edited by Leif; 04-14-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Oh, I see, Leif. Thank you for explaining. I don't think a long laundry list of specific research language embedded in the CRPA makes a difference as it relates to the goals of the bill.

Leif,what date is the Cure Rally in Norway? Shouldn't you be attending the one in Norway? Hope you are not sitting back pointing fingers at America while Norway does very little toward contributing resources for the Cure!

In Leif's defense, he is doing a tremendous amount on the cure front in Norway. I've not jumped in, yet, and thanked him for his efforts, but he is doing great work.

Leif your ideas are at least welcome by me. Any excuse to shut down ESC advocacy for the sake of the CR Bill and adult stem cell research is par for the course.

I am one of those who believes adult stem cell research is already getting an extremely more amount of government funding than ESC research. Adult stem cell research has been going on for a much longer time than ESC and still hasn't offered a reliable treatment. We really need to explore ESC and you are right, why should a few people hold it back. It almost makes me think some people are happy they have those few to blame.
    Last edited by howboutdis; 04-11-2006 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 611
    Leif,what date is the Cure Rally in Norway? Shouldn't you be attending the one in Norway? Hope you are not sitting back pointing fingers at America while Norway does very little toward contributing resources for the Cure!
    You're kidding right? Echoing Susan, Leif is a one armed army over there, what pray tell are you doing for the cause?