Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Totally Random Question

Totally Random Question

This is a random question, especially for being my first post but...

Do any of you think back on your stay in rehab and laugh about it?

I was thinking back to being in the rehab hospital and started to laugh hysterically about something...which is a good thing considering it usually makes me cry to think about it(JUST GOT THROUGH MY ONE YEAR ANIVERSARY AND IT SUCKED!).

I remember CONSTANTLY thinking my pants were falling down when I was doing physical therapy. I would repeatedly make my PT tie the drawstring on pants and incessently ask him if my underwear was showing.

I must have drove him crazy and moreover he probably thought I was nuts.

I don't know why I'm sharing this but it made me laugh...

I think my rehab really screwed me up.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I always thought my pants were falling down too. At Shepherd in Atlanta they won't let you wear underwear so it was very annoying. I guess I was getting used to that weird feeling at the line of my injury.

They took us on outings on a bus when we were getting close to discharge. We went to a mall once. On the way there one of the girls said do they have a candy store here? The guy in front of us said we're not allowed to wear panties here. It was hillarious bc he was a big strong guy talking about he couldn't wear panties.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

other than that nothing much was funny about rehab.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

There was a woman in rehab who had lost both legs to a really nasty infection. She used to keep us in stitches with her comments about everything.
    There was an old guy who was a retired night club singer - he was a trip.
    And a little old German guy who ripped the biggest, beautiful farts while he was sleeping. Funny as long as you were upwind.
    My OT was the best, she loved to kid all the time.

Someone taped a note on the lift that said
    where am I going and why am I in this handbasket.

I also used to freak out at the nurse's aide in the morning because she would give me the most screwed up pony tail... I looked like a total freak...she gave me the pebble's flintstone look. I would get so upset that my ponytail was messed up I would cry....

Very strange that a pony tail would set me off as opposed to not being able to move my arms...

we had this one lady who had a head injury. spoke clearly, thought clearly, but the short term memory part of her brain was wiped. She knew all her relatives and friends, but if you were talkin to her you would have to reintroduce yourself every few minutes. Really sweet woman, I hope her and her family are well.

Anyway, one day I was near the nurses station and all of a sudden we hear this crazy screaming. Then this huge nurse named Mable came running away from the screaming towards us and was sayin "I didn't do anything, I didn't do anything!"

After everything calmed down, it turned out that Mable had gone into the womans room and said "would you like me to help you get undressed?" Problem was, the woman forgot that she was a patient in the hospital and thought Mable was some weirdo trying to get her clothes off! I suppose it was probably pretty traumatic for her, but it was one of those situations that are funnier when u look back on it now. I bet the lady who got scared might have laughed too, but she most likely forgot about the whole incident within a feww minutes anyway.

Rehab for me at the hospital jus seemed like a lot of time wasted because of pain. Really frustrated me knowing I had a limited amiunt of time to try to get as much work as possible. Thank GOD I have a another shot at rehab in a much better physical state.

This wasn't really funny, but for fun my friend who I met in rehab and I would cruise around the hospital and explore everything during afterhours. I'd be pushing myself while she would be pulling herself with her one good leg. Mt Sinai hospital in NYC spanned 4 city blocks, all connected underground. So we would often tour every floor of all the buildings. One evening we end up on the 14th floor of one of the buildings, and as we got off the elevator we saw the entire floor is gutted. crap everywhere. we turn around to leave but all the electronics to bring the elevator back were gone. So now we are pushing our way on a dark floor thru all sorts of garbage feeling nervous that we were stuck. After a while though we found the frieght elevators that had buttons.

Another time we ended up on the top floor of a building but instead of wheeling off into this big lobby that goes to the rest of the floor, we end up in this tight room with surveilance cameras and biohazard signs and this big steel door with a sign saying something like EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL TESTING - BIOHAZARD AREA - AUTHORIZED PERSONELL ONLY. Man that was creepy, all I was picturing was the door flying open and us gettin pulled in there never to be seen again!