Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: suicide

I think you have been given some really good information here, so I promise not to repeat what others said too much. I agree that you will go through the 5 stages of grief. It is important to remember that the stages of grief are not always followed in order. You can go through steps out of order and even return to them again.

I always tell myself that this feeling will pass. It usually does in time.

Tanya

I think the whole 'acceptance' thing is BS. Everyone has the basic right to their health. Living to the max until things turn up for us I agree with. And they will turn up, unless you're 75 odd!

Im glad the anti-d's are working for you

BTW Myc0's myspace last message says he just has limited net time if we were worried. Im sure he's A-OK

How old are you Cripply, out of interest

Thanks everybody. I am 39 y/o.
    I don´t think acceptance ever comes for many SCIs. That´s what I saw at rehab. What comes is a kind of resignation.

That's what I was saying about learning to live with it. It's like someone dying, you never get over it, you just hope you can somehow get on with it. Cripply, I'm sorry some jaggoff did that to you. I've always wondered if I'd be more pissed off at my situation if it happened at someone elses hands. Did that kid have to face any consequences? How the eff did they manage to hit you twice? That sux big time.

Ahh guilt is horrible. For a long time I could see how tough it was for my family to deal with their feelings of what happened. I still deal with those feelings at times, but I learned how to battle those.
    Last edited by Rrrrronnn; 04-10-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    Give it time, it's only been 15 months. I am 2 1/2 years out and still need help for my bp.
    What do you still need help with? You're t6 right?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Cripply, I'm 14y post and if I go to bed tonight and I don't wake up tomorrow, it will be a good thing for me. We can't really compare with others, we have different handicap. I'm c4 complete. I was an athlete and not having arms movement today, it's terrible. A cure or nothing. C4 it's not acceptable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripply
    Thanks everybody. I am 39 y/o.
    I don´t think acceptance ever comes for many SCIs. That´s what I saw at rehab. What comes is a kind of resignation.

November, with my BP. I have harrington rods from t2 to t12 that make lateral movement very difficult. I can do it with mini enemas, but prone to have accidents all the time. Manual removal or digital stim is hell for me on my own and require help.

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    November, with my BP. I have harrington rods from t2 to t12 that make lateral movement very difficult. I can do it with mini enemas, but prone to have accidents all the time. Manual removal or digital stim is hell for me on my own and require help.
    I see. Was just thinking we could maybe help you out.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Thanks November. It's just that it takes me five minutes with help, and half hour to 45 minutes without, plus the risk of accidents from active ingredient residue. I have tried very hard to do dig stim on my own without suppositories or mini enemas, I just haven't been able to get the job done. Have asked for help, gotten many tips which I have given a shot with, but it has been impossible because lateral movement makes the position very unfomfortable. Thanks again for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Tell me to suck it up and stop moaning - it's what I tell myself - but if there was a button I could push which simply shut me down painlessly my useless fingers would be pawing it about now.
    (Hug) Paul, you're amazing! Hang in there, you'll be whole again one day!