Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Not fair to add stress to some unassuming helper..
    Okay I will be up front about it then..
    "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

Quote Originally Posted by MagikLair View Post
    I'm just going to hire someone. Craigslist. I posted an ad for something else and got lots of feedback. After doing some research the drug of choice is probably going to be fentanyl.. Just waiting on to see how things go around with parents and such.. Can always tell someone can you give me give me those couple pills over there.. They don't have to know what they are.. But regardless someone would help I'm pretty sure
    I had a client who did this with Seconal (Secobarbital) that he bought in Mexico. His attendant actually administered the pills (over 50) at his request. It worked. He died, and the attendant was prosecuted and convicted for assisting a suicide and voluntary manslaughter. Went to prison. This was in California. Don't know where you live (since it is not on your profile) but if you are in the USA, you are very likely putting the person you hire at risk for the same.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

In Minnesota. Maybe I'd have to go to Oregon or one of the other suicide friendly states. There's something wrong with that.. Everybody just has to suffer I guess more and more.. Every year there alive..
    "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I had a client who did this with Seconal (Secobarbital) that he bought in Mexico. His attendant actually administered the pills (over 50) at his request. It worked. He died, and the attendant was prosecuted and convicted for assisting a suicide and voluntary manslaughter. Went to prison. This was in California. Don't know where you live (since it is not on your profile) but if you are in the USA, you are very likely putting the person you hire at risk for the same.

(KLD)
    In Cali?
    Must be paroled by now. Good, I'm looking for a replacement caregiver. It's just a temporary position, one could even say "relief".

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
    It is the same in the UK the one exception is assisting someone to travel to an AS clinic in Switzerland as long as you don't benefit from the death financially. I've been careful not to include her in any communication or collating of medical records with Lifecircle. The suicide will be investigated by the police but guidelines exist for when to prosecute.