Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Can I get in on this commiserating circle-jerk?

President. Fucking. Trump.

I can deal with SCI, but THIS is too much.

Let's strap ourselves into our chairs, and take a long roll off a short pier.

Who's with me?!?!

haha my god this tread, oddity have some self-respect and integrity you are in no way shape or form remotely qualified to make condescending remarks to C4 injuries you literally know nothing you are sitting in a place quite literally pretty much as luxurious as an able-bodied person. I don't know what kind of fulfilment you get for being a condescending smart ass but you are coming from a place of total ignorance complete and utter ignorance.

But let's be honest it's not just about getting a kick for you or a way of solidification of your little superiority complex. You are on these kind of threads like white on rice, every single time! and not to talk it's always with a pathetic attempt at condescending. Guess what buddy to anyone that truly understands the situations you do not come off as tough or strong or any kind of positive trait when you talk like this to injuries above the C5 vertebrae from the position of a very low paraplegic injury. It's fucking cringe worthy man. Not all disabilities are as simplistic as yours, you have literally stated multiple times that suicide is nothing more than a choice and everyone is capable of doing it lmfao how does it feel to live in a world of rainbows and chocolate rivers?? My mother isn't as delusional as you in a palpable attempt to preserve her optimism. My goodness, you need to take a roll through a complex neurological Grouphome and see some of the actual serious diseases and disabilities stroke so bad all they can do is move their eyes and drool, Alzheimer's so bad they just stare at the ceiling and every now and then attempt to scream like banshees, Trumatic brain injury's etc. and yes severe and high cervical spinal injuries included sometimes secondary complications of the accident make them unable to breathe and even communicate being fed through the rib cage slowly deteriorating their kidneys. I know a injury similar to mine right now but autonomic dysreflexia is so unexplainably severe for him he can't get out of the hospital because he can't stop going Dysreflexic and they don't know why it can be so bad they can cause him to break out into seizures , His age is The only reason AD hasn't finished him off; to be honest I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, in my eyes a bad thing. Sci is far too vague of a term, but that kind of bullshit is pretty common in modern medicine. My father was recently diagnosed with skin cancer, but don't worry it was very early on and basically he just had to get equivalent of a few moles scraped off his face it's fine, but imagine if he started saying well "cancer is cancer" and started preaching at people with leukaemia , Pancreatic cancer etc well that would make him a fucking idiot, you are doing something very similar!

I still get them after 20 years, but there's nothing I can do about it. Considering my injury level C 3 completely dependent on people for every day function. It is mostly when I get bad news. Just work through them. Tomorrow is another day and it's going to get better. I was told in 1996, possibly a cure. Seven years. Well, I'm still here. Good family, good friends, go to Myrtle Beach. Every summer. Just make the best of it. This too shall pass.
    keiffer66

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    haha my god this tread, oddity have some self-respect and integrity you are in no way shape or form remotely qualified to make condescending remarks to C4 injuries you literally know nothing you are sitting in a place quite literally pretty much as luxurious as an able-bodied person. I don't know what kind of fulfilment you get for being a condescending smart ass but you are coming from a place of total ignorance complete and utter ignorance.

But let's be honest it's not just about getting a kick for you or a way of solidification of your little superiority complex. You are on these kind of threads like white on rice, every single time! and not to talk it's always with a pathetic attempt at condescending. Guess what buddy to anyone that truly understands the situations you do not come off as tough or strong or any kind of positive trait when you talk like this to injuries above the C5 vertebrae from the position of a very low paraplegic injury. It's fucking cringe worthy man. Not all disabilities are as simplistic as yours, you have literally stated multiple times that suicide is nothing more than a choice and everyone is capable of doing it lmfao how does it feel to live in a world of rainbows and chocolate rivers?? My mother isn't as delusional as you in a palpable attempt to preserve her optimism. My goodness, you need to take a roll through a complex neurological Grouphome and see some of the actual serious diseases and disabilities stroke so bad all they can do is move their eyes and drool, Alzheimer's so bad they just stare at the ceiling and every now and then attempt to scream like banshees, Trumatic brain injury's etc. and yes severe and high cervical spinal injuries included sometimes secondary complications of the accident make them unable to breathe and even communicate being fed through the rib cage slowly deteriorating their kidneys. I know a injury similar to mine right now but autonomic dysreflexia is so unexplainably severe for him he can't get out of the hospital because he can't stop going Dysreflexic and they don't know why it can be so bad they can cause him to break out into seizures , His age is The only reason AD hasn't finished him off; to be honest I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, in my eyes a bad thing. Sci is far too vague of a term, but that kind of bullshit is pretty common in modern medicine. My father was recently diagnosed with skin cancer, but don't worry it was very early on and basically he just had to get equivalent of a few moles scraped off his face it's fine, but imagine if he started saying well "cancer is cancer" and started preaching at people with leukaemia , Pancreatic cancer etc well that would make him a fucking idiot, you are doing something very similar!
    Yes, James, I have been for years, and I will continue to be, a thorn in the side of 'suicide' threads. I don't think they have any merit, whatsoever. Not on a site dedicated to cure advocacy and caring for folks with SCI. I want anyone that wants to kill themselves to do it, and end their suffering, or seek professional help. Defeatism runs against the mission of this wonderful and helpful site. That is my opinion, I will continue to advocate it. It has nothing to do with whether or not I can relate to being a 'quad'. People want to die for all kinds of reasons. Suicide is suicide. The 'para vs quad' temper tantrum is just your go-to red-herring whenever you don't get the right kind of attention.

eta: So, I decided to go back and read your whole post, which I rarely do, and saw you mentioned cancer. I've been through a stage 3 bout myself, with less than 15% chance to live. Just passed my 5th year and entered the 'survivor' population.
    Last edited by Oddity; 11-14-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Yes, James, I have been for years, and I will continue to be, a thorn in the side of 'suicide' threads. I don't think they have any merit, whatsoever. Not on a site dedicated to cure advocacy and caring for folks with SCI. I want anyone that wants to kill themselves to do it, and end their suffering, or seek professional help. Defeatism runs against the mission of this wonderful and helpful site. That is my opinion, I will continue to advocate it. It has nothing to do with whether or not I can relate to being a 'quad'. People want to die for all kinds of reasons. Suicide is suicide. The 'para vs quad' temper tantrum is just your go-to red-herring whenever you don't get the right kind of attention.

eta: So, I decided to go back and read your whole post, which I rarely do, and saw you mentioned cancer. I've been through a stage 3 bout myself, with less than 15% chance to live. Just passed my 5th year and entered the 'survivor' population.
    You are very lucky to be at an injury level where you don't question the value of your life every day, your lack of comprehension isn't down to luck it's stupidity or ignorance. Many high level quads go through the dilemma and want to discuss their existence with others suffering the same totally dependent life, you'll never grasp that so why bother commenting in threads like this? You don't understand, have nothing to contribute to any discussion other than "do it or shut up" hardly the kind of support anyone needs.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread you can visit exit forums if you really want to get more feedback and you are right this is a care/cure forum the care bit includes those struggling with a total loss of independence and being completely reliant upon others so whatever they are going through needs support. You are obviously incapable of that so I'd respectfully suggest you simply refrain from posting until you can get a better understanding on subjects you know nothing about.

Many who have struggled with this problem can't discuss with loved ones or when they do it is to beg for their help. I never thought that I would beg my wife to switch a vent off but have done so, maybe when you get to that point in life start to reread suicide discussions and help provide support whilst remaining neutral.

You haven't had the experience of professional health have you? I was forced to do it whilst in hospital and asking for the vent to be switched off, had to discuss with 2 psychologists one of whom decided that I hadn't had enough time to adapt. It tends to put you off seeking such "help" again.

The para/quad debate is real, I'm sure many on here see their injury with no understanding of what higher levels go through. James sees it in the same way I do and I'm guessing many other high level quads.

i dont have SCI, but the thought of suicide has gone through my head at different times. I have a wife and 2 kids, and for the most part they are what keep me going. my disease is terminal and i am not expected to live past my mid 30's or so (i'm turning 35 this year) but i want my sons to know that I stuck around as long as I could. but there are other timeswhen being so dependent makes me feel like I'm doing them more harm than good, I feel guilty about how expensive my care is, and about how every dollar that gets spent on visiting nurses, equipment, and expensive medication, is a dollar that isn't getting put in the savings account. You cant put a price tag on a mom getting more time with her son, or kids getting more time with their Dad......but it's hard not to think like that sometimes. i often wonder....what can I teach my son about being a man when my mother gives me sponge baths every day? I'm never going to be able to visit his school on "career day" and talk about my career, because being on disability isn't really a career

i do agree with others that think there is a need to discuss these thoughts,because i think there are peope who do suffer from them and i think it can be helpful to hear from others who havegone through it..

i am not pro assisted suicide.. i am a traditional roman catholic,so ths sort of thing is against my religion. however,in our faith we have the concept of "extraordinary care" and "ordinary care" so ordinary care would be stuff like food,water,oxygen, basic meds and extraordinary care would be stuff like transplants, mechanical ventilation, dialysis,chemo etc. so in our faith we are not required to opt for extraordinary care,and it is licit to do things like stop dialysis, or end mechanical ventilation. I've been on dialysis for almost 16 years and i'verecently gotten a trach and am using a ventilator,but am not fully vent dependent.

so from the moral standpoint of my faith, at any point i can be like "f*** this i'm going on hospice" and go through the paperwork to stop dialysis...and this is not really considered sinful,iam just allowing my body to die naturally. and i have had sucha love hate relationship with dialysis over the years. it's a weird grey area to be in and every day is a conscious choice to live

"...I will continue to be, a thorn in the side of 'suicide' threads."
    Fighting the good fight, eh oddity?

Berating quads who are on the verge of despair. You're a true hero. A class act.
    Please tell us more about this lovely support website.

Would it kill you to not offer your opinion for once? You seem to know everything about anything though so I can imagine how difficult that must be for you.
    Your ego prevents you from self awareness. "Hey, maybe I am being kind of a dick," or "Maybe I shouldn't comment on this as I have nothing valuable to offer" has most likely never crossed your mind.
    You have this insatiable urge just to be heard, regardless of how stupid you come across as. It's so admirable.

Defeatism implies no struggle, and is the antithesis of those living with sci for more than one day, especially quadriplegics.

Remember, you're Just a para.
    You cannot conflate a man who is blind in one eye, with a man who is blind in both.
    One is easy, the other is not.

And many who discuss it go on to contact organisations like Dignitas or Lifecircle, go as far as getting approval for an assisted suicide and leave it at that, happy and safe in the knowledge that if it really does get too tough they can exit. Their experience of getting to that point are a valuable help to others struggling to understand why they feel like they do and what options are available. I'm not condoning suicide method advice here you can find all you need on that using Tor browser.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-18-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Remove quote of spam message

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Im an Asia A and I have unending very substantial nerve pain, literally feels like my legs are on fire at the moment and sharp pieces of glass stabbing my arms has gotten worse courtesy of a cyst on my spinal cord. not that is different from any other second before hand just saying. The nerve pain just gets completely overshadowed by my chart topping extremely violent constant spasm's AND spasticity ( I have both) and my minimum five times a day or more bouts of severe autonomic dysreflexia that is undiagnosable and untreatable (evidently not a normal response). Why am I starting the self-pity bullshit, plain and simple to emphasize the whole only incompletes have nerve pain is absolute horseshit. But what is scientifically proven is incompletes have more function, more sensation, better quality of life, far less secondary complications ( ironically this includes synrix s) both in number and severity,and if they're lucky enough to recover quite well the cost of living with their disability can be drastically reduced, not to mention give them a lot more privacy and freedom, all depends. Needless to say nerve pain is more than worth it,and of little consequence compared to other options/scenarios.
    Over my 35 years of worsening torture, I have been dropped by numerous pain doctors who told me I have the worst case of central pain syndrome they've ever seen. I can't fully describe them, which is frustrating. They are the reason I've never been able to make a life, or be able to do ADLs, and why I wish every night to go to sleep and not wake up.

The sensations include: pretty much from my shoulders down, I feel burning, skinned, constantly doused in alcohol, like my skin and muscles keep hardening and shrinking, making my shoulder blades and vertebral processes feel as if they stick further and further through my skin as time goes on (every move of an arm or my head causes the bones to rip through the skin.) My organs also burn and feel swollen. My shoulder blades catch on other bones any time I move. There are more sensations as well. Between the back pains, the shoulder blade issues, and my ascending pain and deteriorating arm function (despite stable MRIs), I see no future.

I remember my suicidal from Prozac day. On that day, I discovered that wishing my heart to stop didn't work, nor did hitting my chest with my night resting splints. Even on that, my only truly suicidal day thus far (I still have not lost my mind to the point of being capable of killing myself, even if I had a way), I couldn't come up with a method. Not having one remains frustrating, as I want that control, if I ever am driven over the edge (even my former shrink recognized that is what it would take, that how I was raised, and religious rules regarding burial in my family's cemetery, I'd have to be driven out of my mind to take my life.)

What I really want is some pain relief, so maybe I could have some kind of life. But the medical profession is useless.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Cannabodial

I am assuming you have try Cannabodial? or the better stuff?

It sounds very excruciating. I doubt this would fix it, but perhaps it would take the edge off.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Over my 35 years of worsening torture, I have been dropped by numerous pain doctors who told me I have the worst case of central pain syndrome they've ever seen. I can't fully describe them, which is frustrating. They are the reason I've never been able to make a life, or be able to do ADLs, and why I wish every night to go to sleep and not wake up.

The sensations include: pretty much from my shoulders down, I feel burning, skinned, constantly doused in alcohol, like my skin and muscles keep hardening and shrinking, making my shoulder blades and vertebral processes feel as if they stick further and further through my skin as time goes on (every move of an arm or my head causes the bones to rip through the skin.) My organs also burn and feel swollen. My shoulder blades catch on other bones any time I move. There are more sensations as well. Between the back pains, the shoulder blade issues, and my ascending pain and deteriorating arm function (despite stable MRIs), I see no future.

I remember my suicidal from Prozac day. On that day, I discovered that wishing my heart to stop didn't work, nor did hitting my chest with my night resting splints. Even on that, my only truly suicidal day thus far (I still have not lost my mind to the point of being capable of killing myself, even if I had a way), I couldn't come up with a method. Not having one remains frustrating, as I want that control, if I ever am driven over the edge (even my former shrink recognized that is what it would take, that how I was raised, and religious rules regarding burial in my family's cemetery, I'd have to be driven out of my mind to take my life.)

What I really want is some pain relief, so maybe I could have some kind of life. But the medical profession is useless.

Temper tantrum eh,you so clearly lacking principal you think you've been through shit makes me laugh do you think your comment about cancer impresses me or makes me think twice on my words, I've seen bad cancer and I've seen average cancer and Ive seeing good cancer "15% chance to live" Heard that one before many times. Yes you were on the suicide threads and you do it for your own furfiling, thorn in the side no you have your own motives get a little power trip from it which considering you are what a T6 or lower is fucking pathetic, but no like literally pathetic. It's why I said maybe you should try and have a little bit of integrity. With an injury like yours you can still utilize things like strength, dedication, resilience, Will power and all that bullshit you can put them to use so they actually matter they actually apply, can work to keep yourself away from being a burden altogether your continued existence really is not questionable, you're able to produce and utilize something called effort at all times without stipulation. Yeah you're right lots of people want to die, but a lot of people don't know what true suffering is and what luxury they have they can't even identify them let alone appreciate them for what they're worth and a lot of people are bitches whining about losing a job, thinking the worlds over from a broken relationship, clownery. Btw high severe enough quadriplegia is The encapsulation of defeatism whether you're optimistic about it or not, you lay around waiting for assistance for every little thing every second of every daybecause you can do nothing yourself and no matter which way you cut it you accept that and lay waiting to be spoonfed and have your diaper rash addressed ...

You also come from a place of complete ignorance and make completely and utterly incorrect statements like "anyone can kill themselves it's just a matter of choice" yeah maybe when they are as lucky as you, and have the luxury of perfectly functioning arms and of course communication; but those don't apply to everyone to say the least but you live so well you don't even imagine those scenarios,just irelevant for big bad you...

Attention, don't make me laugh do what you always do but do it to me, if you feel like it call me every name under the sun for all I care and I'm going to debate with you simply because I got time to kill; but I'm in the wrong place if I want attention, plenty of more suited places on the Internet not to mention in real life. But you pull this shit to someone with a C4 injury as a T6, that makes you some kind of special and you deserve one hell of a special treatment for that special person you are,and I'll be the first motherfucker to point that out. I've met some scum in my short time on this earth, I've met the weakest of tough guys and the toughest of weak guys, i'm connected four large families of Great people and bad people successful, unsuccessful hypochondriacs, neurotic, substance abuse in, anger management etc. And you you're just something else... I don't know a freaking thing about you, other than one thing and it's a doozy, you are a fucking paraplegic talking shit to a C4, it's just shocking that someone can be so tasteless really so void of principal it's mind blowing. If I was a paraplegic and I acted like this even a few times let alone repeatedly, pulling this kind of shit I would, no I need to believe that I would perform seppuku for my own honour;that's just me but I find what you do utterly repulsive.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 12-02-2016 at 11:02 AM.