Thread: Buying a chair on ebay

Buying a chair on ebay

There is a Colours Boing Wheelchair for sale on Ebay that is my size. Has anyone ever bought any wheelchairs on Ebay and if so how did it turn out?

Thanks

hi Sux2sit...I've got a Colours Spazz that I bought on E-Bay. Had a wonderful transaction, dealt with a wonderful seller. All in all was very pleased. My family has bought a few chairs thru e-bay over the years(my bro is also in a chair & my 'rents have bought him a couple as well) and all of them have turned out to be wonderful experiences. The major thing to keep in mind is the seller's feedback rating and shipping cost....Honestly, you should NOT need to pay much more than $50-$60 for shipping on that chair. It can EASILY be fit in a box to ship for that or less no matter where in the US it is coming & going. Communication with your seller is a MAJOR key. Keep in touch with them, talk to them before you bid, while the auction is going on and immediately afterwards if you win it. You want to make sure that everything is all set for the shipment. A LOT of people are un-familiar with shipping wheelchairs. It's not difficult, but if it's put into a box too large, the charges become astronomical for absolutely NO reason.

Hope this helps...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

sux2, I bought a Tilite on Ebay and am extremely happy with it. I saved over $1000 on the purchace. Make sure the fit is correct and you will be happy. Good luck.
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

I bought a Kuschall demo on ebay for $650. I think it was $75 more for shipping. I like the chair...I had 10 days to return it if I didn't. Saved several thousand.

I also got a great deal on one on ebay. I even managed to get one with coated handrims, grade aides and antitips.

Blog Entries
    I bought a Bounder + with all the bells and whistles. It looked brand spanking new to me. Got it for 6 grand...that's saving 20 grand over buying from a dealer.
    Like said b4, communicate with seller and check feedback.

i sold a chair on ebay and it seemed to go well. it did not have wheels and i got it in a box that cost $35 to fed-ex. however, had the box been two inches wider (or taller) the shipping jumps to like $100. so you might have them ship chair and wheels separate, cuz wheels can be shipped for like $15 i think.

Joey-
    A chair with wheels will fit in a box to ship for under $65. I've both bought chairs shipped for less and shipped a chair for under that. As you said, it all depends on the size of the box. I just wanted to let you know that the wheels will indeed fit in a box sized to ship for under $100....I just did it a couple weeks ago....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......