View Poll Results: What is the cause of your SCI?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motor Vehicle: auto

101 29.79%
  • Motor Vehicle: motorcycle

36 10.62%
  • Motor Vehicle: atv or dirtbike

23 6.78%
  • Motor Vehicle: boat/snowmobile/plane/anything w/ a throttle & steering mechanism

8 2.36%
  • Act of Violence: gunshot

13 3.83%
  • Act of Violenc: other

1 0.29%
  • Fall

40 11.80%
  • Sports & Recreation

30 8.85%
  • Diving

41 12.09%
  • Other

46 13.57%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What caused your SCI?

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    I answered as if I were Chad - he injured himself by diving off a dock at 2 am not knowing that the tide had gone out beneath the same dock he had been swimming from earlier that day. Alcohol was involved and it impaired his judgment.
    Replace the word dock with sandbar, and Chad and I had the same accident.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Mechanism of Injury

Quote Originally Posted by KVP612
    Replace the word dock with sandbar, and Chad and I had the same accident.
    Please CC keep it coming.........Please state your story. Be heard! NOT ALL OF US CAN GO TO THE RALLY. I want to send your statements with
    my Senator in a folder. Please !

My son was on a surfing trip in Costa Rica when he dove into a shallow pool.

Unhappy What Caused Your SCI?

Quote Originally Posted by KVP612

I'm wondering what the percentages are here at CC.
    A bullet, rudely traveling much too fast to slow down while passing through my body.
    "Sometimes I just sets and thinks...
    and sometimes I just sets.
    "

Otis Redding I think

Wife felt pain in back after (successful) chemotherapy for aplastic anemia. Doctor said pain was "just an expected side effect, some of my patients have it much worse." A week later very bad pain, lost control of her legs. "Better get an MRI." Oops, it's 2 abscesses in the spine. Emergency operations left her with only a triangular fragment of T-5. Inflammation held her back straight (no mention of any need for bracing) & she was walking around; as the inflammation subsided so did her spine, to a sharp 90 degree bend, causing terrible pain. 2 years later after great effort she was walking fairly good but still had pain and a deformed back. Hotshot neurosurgeon said he could fix all that, implant rods to hold her back straight. She climbed onto the gurney and never moved or felt her legs again. Surgeon thinks maybe ischemia killed part of her cord during the op. Oh yeah, her back is still deformed, but that's small potatoes now.
    - Richard

It's just amazing too see how many of us have became disabled due to a car accident

I said car accident bc hit by a car wasn't an option. I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 8 who sped backwards down the street, jumped the curb and crashed into the steps where I happened to be sitting. She sped forward then backwards again running over a second person. Both of his ankles were crushed. Me, I was turned into a rag doll lying crumpled under a pile of broken marble with tire marks imprinted across my face, upper back and chest.

Mck, there's an older thread that asked the same question. You might want to gather data from there too.
    Last edited by antiquity; 04-05-2006 at 05:53 AM.

older thread?????

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    I said car accident bc hit by a car wasn't an option. I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 8 who sped backwards down the street, jumped the curb and crashed into the steps where I happened to be sitting. She sped forward then backwards again running over a second person. Both of his ankles were crushed. Me, I was turned into a rag doll lying crumpled under a pile of broken marble with tire marks imprinted across my face, upper back and chest.
    Mck, there's an older thread that asked the same question. You might want to gather data from there too.
    Can u help me find it I typed in caused your sci.....no find.

beer + vodka + trying to operate a motor vehicle = c-6-7 incomplete quadriplegia.