View Poll Results: What is the cause of your SCI?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motor Vehicle: auto

101 29.79%
  • Motor Vehicle: motorcycle

36 10.62%
  • Motor Vehicle: atv or dirtbike

23 6.78%
  • Motor Vehicle: boat/snowmobile/plane/anything w/ a throttle & steering mechanism

8 2.36%
  • Act of Violence: gunshot

13 3.83%
  • Act of Violenc: other

1 0.29%
  • Fall

40 11.80%
  • Sports & Recreation

30 8.85%
  • Diving

41 12.09%
  • Other

46 13.57%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What caused your SCI?

Define Sports and Recreation. Playing in that fountain was darned recreational...right up until the neck-breaking part. I'll go fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Solan
    They actually made you pay for the sign? Bastards!

I hit the guard rail with my R6 about 1/2 a mile from my destination. Drove by there for the first time since the accident last friday. Didn't feel a thing. Wierd!
    Yup, they sent me a bill soon after the accident but I ignored it of course. Then a few years later I was working for a senior citizens program paid for and by the state. Well I got my first check in the mail and wondered what the hell? The check was really small, so, I called, they took that money for the sign out. Seems the state has a better memory than I do. LOL. In Illinois we have these mile markers all over the roads, for what reasons I dont know. They tell you what county your in how far from the last county and how far to the next county you have to go. Why I ask again do we need such bullshit. Who cares ?...
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q
    Yup, they sent me a bill soon after the accident but I ignored it of course. Then a few years later I was working for a senior citizens program paid for and by the state. Well I got my first check in the mail and wondered what the hell? The check was really small, so, I called, they took that money for the sign out. Seems the state has a better memory than I do. LOL. In Illinois we have these mile markers all over the roads, for what reasons I dont know. They tell you what county your in how far from the last county and how far to the next county you have to go. Why I ask again do we need such bullshit. Who cares ?...
    Sue the f*******
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

My son was thrown from a Ford Explorer when the driver fell asleep (we assume) and they ran off the road into a utility pole. T12 complete. Also head injury, right femur fracture, bruised lung, numerous bruises. He was 17, 1.5 years post.
    BeeBee

Hit with a demylenating disease that ate the coating on my spinal cord in a few spots and did some damage to the cord.

Hit by a drunk driver while riding my motorcycle 0n April 5, 1975. It will be 31 years tomorrow. He did not have any insurance or any money, typical drunk SOB! He didn't even have the courage to say he was sorry for what he did to me. Life is good if you live it!

Medical malpractice.

The car landed on my head after one of the tires blew

Hit by drunk driver.

I answered as if I were Chad - he injured himself by diving off a dock at 2 am not knowing that the tide had gone out beneath the same dock he had been swimming from earlier that day. Alcohol was involved and it impaired his judgment.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager