Thread: E-motion wheels?

Blog Entries

E-motion wheels?

Are there any higher-level injuries out there that own the E-motion wheels?

I'm particularly interested in those that have a hard time pushing a manual chair everywhere and the difference these wheels have made?

Also, are you able to reach to turn on the wheels or do you use the their remote?

I really appreciate your time. As you know this is a major investment.

Surfcat

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

I don't know much about the E-Motion but I just recieved a new iGlide Manual Assist Wheelchair and I love it. It has giving me a whole new outlook on life. I can now go places that I either couldn't before or would have had a hard time doing. I choose the iGlide over the E-Motions because I like the design better and thought if I am going to spend that kind of money I want a new chair not just a new set of wheels.

Good luck!

I am C6-C7 incomplete and I've been using e-motion for a year now. The batteries last around 10 hours so I do not worry about turning it on or off. I do not have a remote so I do not really know whether it is available.
    Anyway, E-motion wheels are fantastic. I can go around with no problems, even on thick carpets.
    Regards

The seat and Back for the I-Glide are crap.

I ordered Jay Back and J2 Gel Deep Contour
    for it through SpinLife. Should be done this Thursday!

Joe

By the way, I feel like I should have gotten a TiLite with spinergy wheels.

<pout>

Joe

i love my e-motion wheels! i have them on a ti lite chair. the only thing i dont like is that the chair is wide 30 inches .it doesnt fit on some lifts and some older buildings the doorways are close watch your knuckles.i have limited hand use and i can turn them on and off manually i never saw a remote control.also the wheels weigh about 30lbs each who is going to break down your chair if your going to ride in a car.

e-motion wheels are activated by the push rims. all you have to do is apply a little force to the push rims and the motors will kick in. They really do make pushing your chair a hundred times easier.

Though, they do have a few disadvantages. One being they are way too heavy to take on and off by yourself. Second, you lose the exercise benefit of pushing the manual chair. These two things have stoped me from using my e-motion wheels.

Our Child has e-motion wheels and loves them she is C-4 C-5 10 months out from injury. True it's not the same are a manual wheel, but still gives her exercise over a power chair.