Thread: C4/5 - just out of rehab

C4/5 - just out of rehab

9 months after my accident, i've been released to a transitional rehab house in Brisbane, Australia. Just my mum and i here for a couple months, getting us familiar with carers before i return home.

24th of June, i went over the bars on my bmx race bike, broke C4 and 5, now sporting a 3-4-5 fusion. I've had it pretty easy with bulk friend and family support, it really does make the difference.

I'm classed as C4 ASIA-B, meaning sensory sparing - i can identify my toes and feel tingles and patches of light touch all over. I can control my left bicep enough to feed myself draw crappy pictures (see avatar), and my right bicep is coming along slowly too.

I'm 21. umm... interests include downhill mountain biking, graphic design, web design. I don't have much else to say, but i'm looking forward to interacting with you guys through this adventure

- daz

Hi, Daz. Sorry you had to find us, but glad you did.

I did not join Care Cure until last fall and I've learned so much. As an added bonus, I've made friends here. It's a benefit I did not expect, but one I treasure.

I look forward to your posts.

I'm Mem aka MaryEllen
    c-6/7 incomplete since 1993, cerebral palsy from birth

hey daz, as Mem said, sorry you found us, but there are alot of knowledgeable ppl. here willing to answer alot of questions that you may have. welcome..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Hi Daz, welcome to a great place for lots of support and often lots of laughs!

Hi Daz,

Welcome. I'm C4/C5, also. It sounds like you have a great attitude. That will help you tremendously.

Susan

Welcome. One of our moderators, Dogger is from your neck of the woods. He lives in the outback region of Queensland. You might want to drop him a line.
    Best with your ongoing recovery.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I think your drawing is better than anything I can do! You have talent.
    All the forums have very interesting topics and discussions. The "Care" forum has the SCI nurse and Doctor Young which discusses medical/nurisng care issues. Hope you won't have any but all are very informative.

CWO