Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: John McDonald/NTT Project Underway

I support the CRPA bill 100 %, but no matter what the amount the goverment hands out, would it be enough??? I still think raising money for specific research is still needed.

Private funding, public funding--we need it all.

Thumbs up Help Needed!!

As Some Of You Know Already, We Are Trying To Set Up A 50/50 Raffle To Help Fund Dr. Mcdonalds Trial. We Are Asking All Members Who Can To Help Sell The Tickets, If You Can Help Sell, Please Go To The Funding Forum And Under The 50/50 Post Please Sign Up. We Need All The Help We Can Get, If Everyone Could Sell Even 5 To 10 Books Of Tickets, This Will Be A Huge Success!! Please,please Help, We Need To Join Together Now.. I Would Like To Say Thank You In Advance To Everyone Who Is Willing To Help!!!!!!

If you keep promoting the CR bills as non-controversial how would the NIH have the authority to support a therapy such as this? Maybe, this is a wake up call and you might want to ditch the non-controversial aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Wow, you're really grasping for straws.

Sigh. Here we go again.

I in very clear terms, said the Miami Projects contributions to the field of SCI research have been invaluable. That is not knocking the MP.

The CRPA (Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act Bill), if passed, would appropriate NIH (National Instutes of Health) funding for SCI research. Funding that Dr. McDonald could access to fund the NTT's projects.

In other words, Dr. McDonald's promising research will benefit immensely from Federal funding via the CRPA bill. Not the other way around.

There's a reason Dr. McDonald is a strong advocate for the CR bill. This bill will help him and other US SCI researchers fund the science that will bring us the cure.

You will not find one SCI researcher who would oppose a funding bill like the CRPA.

Quote Originally Posted by howboutdis
    If you keep promoting the CR bills as non-controversial how would the NIH have the authority to support a therapy such as this? Maybe, this is a wake up call and you might want to ditch the non-controversial aspect.
    Because these are animal studies... proof of concept.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by howboutdis

Where have I promoted the CR bill as non-controversial? You're getting your people mixed up.

I want a cure. I want researchers like Kierstaad, McDonald and others to be able to move their research forward. They can only do this with funding. The CRPA bill will enable them to gain access to the money they need. That's why this bill is so important. SCI researchers want this bill passed as much as we do.

If we don't work to change the restrictions on funding for stem cell research,how will those projects get federal funding? Certainly not by how the CR bills were promoted on carecure as being non-controversial and having nothing to do with ESC. Maybe you could be a little more clear, I just love these people who say they are not against ESC and yet don't speak up when there is action, even on CareCure being promoted which could have a harmful effect on ESC research.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Where have I promoted the CR bill as non-controversial? You're getting your people mixed up.

I want a cure. I want researchers like Kierstaad, McDonald and others to be able to move their research forward. They can only do this with funding. The CRPA bill will enable them to gain access to the money they need. That's why this bill is so important. SCI researchers want this bill passed as much as we do.

howboutdis, the CRPA could help fund McDonald's primate studies. Effective primate studies would make loosening ESC restrictions that much easier. Don't you think?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    howboutdis, the CRPA could help fund McDonald's primate studies. Effective primate studies would make loosening ESC restrictions that much easier. Don't you think?
    You can do what you want. I just feel you didn't level what your intentions really were.

I think the best way to open up this kind of research if you really want to, is to make notice that the alternative bills are trying to stop this kind of research. Again, you can say you are not against ESC all you want, but you can take measures to halt it through supporting alternative bills.

McDonald is a proponent of ESC research yet he didn't have a problem with the angle Christopher and Dana Reeve chose for the CRPA bill. Why, probably because he could see the bigger picture. The CRPA bill is a funding mandate. It will force the NIH to fund SCI research. Funds that McDonald can access. That's why neither he nor any other US SCI researcher has a problem with this bill.

I saw Dana Reeve on CNN expressly say that the revised bill was non-controversal so why do you keep insinuating that CC is responsible for this? The people on CC had nothing to do with how the CRPA bill lobbyists chose to promote it. If you are angry about this, put blame where it's due and complain to the Christopher Reeve Foundation. Alienate them instead and all they've done to promote funding for a cure. Steven and Beth had no say in how the CR bill was written. They are not responsible. Let it go.

In simple terms, if you care about the NTT project, the Miami Project, etc., you should support the same legislation they support. Legislation that will provide them with the money they need to continue their research. The CRPA bill is this legislation.
    Last edited by antiquity; 04-07-2006 at 09:03 PM.