Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help,Please. Trojan.Backdoor

Help,Please. Trojan.Backdoor

I really don't know what to do about this. For the past 4 months my MS antispyware has caught this Trojan.Backdoor.Small.FB on my pc. It shows back up about once a month. I use to play Parypoker all the time now I don't play it much at all. So I haven't played it in about a month and I got on it the other night and afterwards the next day my spyware caught it again. I always click remove it and it does. Then everyday my pc scans and it never shows up until after about a month. I really don't know what to do.
    type: Backdoor.. A trojan used to bypass a computers security policies. A Trojan that silently installs other programs without consent.
    Am I infected and have to reboot my pc? Is someone spying on me? lol. Do I need to change passwords? Someone tell me what to do and worry about, please. I have Norton and MS antispyware.
    Someone sent me this. Lots of these types of Trojans set themselves up in C:\Recycler, System Restore or what ever and can be removed by tracing them back to the location identified by the scanning program and deleted that way. Make sure you have a backup first though and preferably on a removeable media. (what ever that means) Have you tried scanning in Safe Mode with System Restore disabled and use more than one spyware scanner.
    Now I don't know how to do all of this and is it nessesary? I am a lay person with a pc so I really would have to be explained gently through this.
    Please any info on all of this will be very appreciated. I have looked it up and read all about it and other people that has had problems with it but I don't really know what to do.
    One more question. Because my Norton is about to run out, I bought the upgrade Norton 2006 and it has an antispyware in it so do I need to delete the MS antispyware? Because I don't see why I need both.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Its probablycoming back everytime u restart as you remome the files but not the installer. When having issues with actual spyware you should do your scans in safe mode..... On startup hit f10, or whatever your comp says it is, it'll show a multitupe of start optons, select Safe Mode. Then run your spyware removers. Before you do this update your definitions as safe mode only starts your bare minimum drivers, programs and what not. And Yes the display will be messed/basic resolution. Try that and report.....It's very easy, and invaluble to know how to get safe mode, so giver a try.

Also uses spybot from here: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...-10122137.html

and Ad-aware: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5.

I use both regularly to sweep my comps, both free and regularly updated.

You don't need to delete MS antispy, but if your not commputer savy, then the easiest thing is to. The above programs only run when want and don't conflict with the norton.

Ewido is also really great at catching stuff nothing else does.

Just did some reading for yha, but I guess its from PP.com and MS antispy is the only one that finds it. Removing it works fine howyou did it, but it will come back if you use party poker.

It doesn't do anything to you, or effect your pc. Still try what I posted as its useful to know. And the programs are good to have to clean you up.

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index....0&#entry386010
    is a forum discussing this.

Hope this helps.

Thank you guys so much. I read up on all yall posted. I will take care of all this tomorrow. Hate I have to give up PP. Wonder if I need to delete Norton 2005 after I install 2006?
    Mary
    Van Morrison

You should goto www.pokerstars.com instead........ better site. Norton 06 will/should take of it all. Pokers my life saver..... without it i'd be so bored

On PP I have 13 million chips so I can play on the big tables. I tried PS and dang I couldn't build up any chips. They would bet the crap out of me. I'd have 3 of a kind and someone would have a bigger set. And I'm good. I love to play poker.
    Van Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46
    On PP I have 13 million chips so I can play on the big tables. I tried PS and dang I couldn't build up any chips. They would bet the crap out of me. I'd have 3 of a kind and someone would have a bigger set. And I'm good. I love to play poker.
    Yha...... 13 Mil......... hard to give up. Yes PS people do play stupidly...... hence the nickname jokerstars. I mainly play tournements or the low tables...... even tho i have big table chips

Well On PS you can trasfer funds to other players maybe you can spot me a few. LOL
    Anyway, I got the pc taken care of. I understand saftmode and I got Norton 2006 downloaded. Eventhough, I didn't know if I needed to download all that live junk but I did. Did a full scan and everything is all good. Thanks
    Mary
    Van Morrison