Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 years, 5 years, 10 years?

3 years, 5 years, 10 years?

3 years? 5 years? 10 years? It dawned on me last night that there are so many people on this sight that are asking for cure predictions. the fact that we are willing to be like this for so many years make us warriors...that we can live with the pain and suffering day after day after day being trapped in a paralyzed body. I think what we all are looking for is timelines to get us thru our lives knowing one day we will be cured. But if we really look at what were asking what we are saying is how many days do we have to deal with being disabled. 1,095 days? 1,825 days? 3,650 days? This is a lot of days and lot of hours for some of us to not have hands and others to be hoppin around on our bunns. If the average doctor, scientist, or politician can go through just 1 day being paralyzed I think the sense of urgency would sky-rocket through the roof. We should salute the ones that have already been through these many days and still have hope and optimism. At the end of the day, we can be who we wanna be but plain and simple we are living half lives and all we ask is for a day we can live a full life again like the majority of people on this planet we call earth. Sometimes I feel like were living in the Bedrock stages of life with this injury and are no different that what Barney and Fred Rubble had. We are no where near the Jetson stage and that my friends is the future one day....when we are all said and done.

Well I have lived over 9000 days SCI'd so far

With no end in sight, there just is not enough known about CNS to be able to either give any predictions of when or how a potentential cure will come about or even as to why certain things appear to work in animal models but not in humans. It will take years of heavily funded clinical trials in humans to predict such outcomes.

Word, Spidergirl.

Agreed with Curt. 7513 here.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I don't think i was lookin for negative responses but I guess that's what u get when u post somethin on a public forum. I was simply stating that we are all really going through the same thing, whether your injured for 1 month or 10 years and there's just a common goal we all want to achieve. Theres a certain mindset here that i think we all can relate too. I was hoping this thread turned more into a disucssion for the cure and potential ways we all can contribute rather than it being a pessismistic vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    I don't think i was lookin for negative responses but I guess that's what u get when u post somethin on a public forum. I was simply stating that we are all really going through the same thing, whether your injured for 1 month or 10 years and there's just a common goal we all want to achieve. Theres a certain mindset here that i think we all can relate too. I was hoping this thread turned more into a disucssion for the cure and potential ways we all can contribute rather than it being a pessismistic vibe.
    who posted anything negative? did I miss something? did a post get deleted? hunh?

Quote Originally Posted by MattGimpin
    who posted anything negative? did I miss something? did a post get deleted? hunh?

Calm down Gimp. Do u want some attention from me?
    I felt a bit of pessimism and I didn't want it to go further..I am not interested in speaking it or not interested in reading it. There's plenty on this sight.

Cute avatar though ( there's my attention)

Last edited by spidergirl; 03-29-2006 at 02:48 AM.

hahahah I am calm and no, I wasn't looking for attention I just couldn't believe you thought any of those posts were negative.
    Last edited by MattGimpin; 03-29-2006 at 03:01 AM.

Agreed. We should all be working toward that common goal.
    Daniel

Nice one Spidey, I so agree,

Unbelievable really that a moderator on Dr Youngs very own site would be so dismissive of undoubtedly fruitful ventures such as ChinaSciNet, but ultimately I doubt Wise gives much of a rats ass, so keep letting those downers fall on deaf ears!

I look forward to showing you around London one day missus. We have Youth, Positivity and Modern Science on our side. A bit more patience is needed, but whats that when we have our whole lives ahead of us hey