Thread: Blog Scare

Blog Scare

So I was checking the log files for my blog, curious where visitors were coming from.

I noticed a recent visitor from MSN. My blog was the number four result for reasons for being against stem cell research.

I freaked, but kept checking statistics.

A few visits earlier, another visitor from MSN. This time, my blog was result number five for a. What do the proponents think the benefits are for stem cell?.

I was relieved. According to MSN, I guess my blog is fairly balanced.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Glad that it's balanced, if that's what ya are aiming for....Sorry ya got a scare there. Looks like it comes up well in searches tho huh? S'pose that's a good thing....even if people come across it mistakenly....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Balance is definitely what I aim for. I hope that those who find my blog that are anti-ESC can find a way to support it through alternative derivation methods. Conversely, I hope pro-ESC people who find my blog will say "Hey, here's a way to end the debate and finally move science forward!"
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Maybe me (pro-ESC people). Balance is good as such but if we want to have embryonic stem cell research today, what other options are there out there other than to perform research on embryos? Make sure you are not balancing yourself out of reality Mr. Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    what other options are there out there other than to perform research on embryos?
    Kevin Eggan's SCNT into existing ESCs is one option.

This is one option which is not ready compared to 400.000 which are ready.

Hey Steven,

I just finished your latest blog entry. Damn, I'm drooling too! You do an excellent job of presenting information in layman's terms. I love it.

Can I make a suggestion? Is there any way to create another sidebar where you "define" abbreviations? ESC, SCNT, ANT, etc. Just a quick reference for newbies to refer to as they read? It might make things stick better, especially if they start reading from your newest threads and go back.

Just a thought!

Vicky

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    ~Philo of Alexandria

There is a glossary from the Harvard Stem Cell Institute that could be linked Link, or there could be others that are better, just a suggestion here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    This is one option which is not ready compared to 400.000 which are ready.
    There are not 400,000, Leif. The number is exagerated.

Vicky, thanks for the comments and suggestion. I was a little unsure of how clear the example would be.

I'll get to work on a glossary.

Maybe, but it is a good start. You can have 15.000 from here as well? And good luck with the glossary.