Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: semi new injury from calgary

semi new injury from calgary

Hey everyone,

I was injured in may of 05' but i still find it new. Love the site.

Stephan

Sorry to hear about your injury, but welcome to CC, Stephan.

Welcome to the family.

Welcome Fellin, sorry your here, but so glad you found us!

This site is very informative and Dr. Young and SCI Nurses are good to respond with any serious problems that come your way. The rest of us will just have to share what we know, or what has worked for us as it relates to your questions.

If you need to just vent, we're here for ya' cause most of us understand and have at some point been there ourselves.

Disregard posts from some members who promote the "tough love" and name calling scenerio as suggestions. You'll know one when you get it. We're here to help you all we can!

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Hi Fellin
    Last time I talked to my neurologist about the results from my MRI , which I have done at the Mayfair clinic in Calgary, he said that there was some good research being in Calgary on spinal cord innjury. Do you where this is being done?

Hey Stephan,

Welcome to CC, most of the advise has been given already.

I'm curious, did you really climb Ictineo II? and fall off?

Cheers!
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Thnaks for the welcome. Laozisailor, i did not know the name of the boat but that is cool you can recognize it! yes i did climb it and fall, but when i did it i was not really concious of it. I was backpackin europe and was on a pubcrawl in barcelona when this happend. WAY to inebriated to really recall what happend. i just remember waking up under that boat and not being able to move my legs, but still to drunk to realize what had happend. really messed up morning taht was. but yea. i take you've been and seen the boat then?
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain ." Bob Marley

Hey Stephan, welcome to CC.

Stephan,
    Quote Originally Posted by FellinBarcelona
    Thnaks for the welcome. Laozisailor, i did not know the name of the boat but that is cool you can recognize it! yes i did climb it and fall, but when i did it i was not really concious of it. I was backpackin europe and was on a pubcrawl in barcelona when this happend. WAY to inebriated to really recall what happend. i just remember waking up under that boat and not being able to move my legs, but still to drunk to realize what had happend. really messed up morning taht was. but yea. i take you've been and seen the boat then?
    I haven't seen the real thing, I just know because I like water (my handle?, ...I do sail) and I read a lot. Captain Nemo ...

On a serious tack I missed last year's Mobility Cup 2005 was hosted August 22 - 27, 2005 by the Disabled Sailing Association of Alberta and the Glenmore Sailing Club on Glenmore Reservoir, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. and this year it's going to be a BIG event in Vancouver. If you check the sites you'll see how DSA's were started -- Sam Sullivan, now Mr. Mayor of Vancouver!, ....so get trained and follow the dots

Cheers!
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Quote Originally Posted by hemikid
    Hi Fellin
    Last time I talked to my neurologist about the results from my MRI , which I have done at the Mayfair clinic in Calgary, he said that there was some good research being in Calgary on spinal cord innjury. Do you where this is being done?
    I dont actually ill have to look into it. didnt even know about it actually.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain ." Bob Marley