Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electrical stimulation gives hope to paralyzed. we've seen it before but this is cool

Sue 392, And Richwelsh Thank You Very Much, I'll Do That Right Way. Xxoo Manouli.

Is there a Restorative Therapies website? I would like to see the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by richwelsh63
    Call Judy at Restorative Therapies. 800-609-9166. She will send you everything you need. Also has examples of letters for your doc. and tells you what you need for your exception letter. I'm crossing my fingers. Hope I get approved.
    is this good for someone to do if they are T4 T5 or? brad has started working some to rebuild his muscles back ..thanks bradandtracy

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    Is there a Restorative Therapies website? I would like to see the bike.
    Pls go to:
    www.restorative-therapies.com
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Hi Suzanne,

For what it's worth, I have a friend who's a low para, he had no spazms, he literaly pushed his legs wth his arms on a FES bike and in about 3 months he got a flicker and then more and more and now they go and he's rebuilt his bulk.

I don't know his whole circumsatanes but could put you in touch if you like.

take care
    Leo,

Sure! Thanks a lot!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne

Does anyone have any experience with getting insurance coverage for an FES bike in Canada?

I am interested in doing this myself and would love to hear any "lessons learned" out there.

I currently use FES to excercise my legs while sitting in my chair and stimulating the quads while wearing ankle weights - this is to build some strength as I am taking part in a research study with Dr. Stein at the University of Alberta that has me walking under FES using special braces and electrode placement. I would however like to expand my cardiovascular excercise with the bike.

Thanks
    Ben

Yeaa, I just received my letter from Iowa Medicaid and I was approved. Judy said they would ship one out to me very soon!!

Hi all,
    I believe in that therapy. 4 months ago, I decided to eat $4K to buy an exercise bike called right here in Belgium "Theravital". This is german stuff and I guess RT300-S is coming from their factory (http://www.medica-medizin.de/de/).
    Theravital is *not* a FES bike, it's biofeedback training. When I began training, I had no activity in my legs. After 4 months the activity of my legs are going up to 10 Watts, spending 10Kcal everyday. I'm T12-L1, 27 yp, I'm aware I'm using hip movements to make the device cycling, but the increase mass of muscles in my legs is stunning!
    What do you guys think about the difference between FES cycling (you can relax yourself and let things happen) and non FES cycling (you have to use strong will and think about what you are doing to cycle)?...
    George

are these bikes available in ireland? has anyone in ireland tried the bike ?would love to hear about any experiences