Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electrical stimulation gives hope to paralyzed. we've seen it before but this is cool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Electrical stimulation gives hope to paralyzed. we've seen it before but this is cool

Electrical stimulation gives hope to paralyzed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11103352/

p.s. young people see this and want to try it to get better. this is cool.

Young People like me, I am going to KK in April for my school's spring break. I will let you know about my experiences once I return.

Colin

16 years old - 4 months post sci

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buckanan
    Young People like me, I am going to KK in April for my school's spring break. I will let you know about my experiences once I return.

Colin

16 years old - 4 months post sci

All right Colin! Go for it! Best of luck! Take a lots of notes, and let us know. xxoo,manouli.

Scott from the Restorative Therapies came to our home in Vancouver today to set up the FES cycle for my son, Richard. Unfortunately, it did not work for him as a T12 flaccid para with denervated muscles.
    Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

For what it's worth, I have a friend who's a low para, he had no spazms, he literaly pushed his legs wth his arms on a FES bike and in about 3 months he got a flicker and then more and more and now they go and he's rebuilt his bulk.

I don't know his whole circumsatanes but could put you in touch if you like.

take care
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

I wrote a letter of exception to my insurance, Medicaid, and they might pay for the RT300. I was told they approved one for another guy here in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by richwelsh63
    I wrote a letter of exception to my insurance, Medicaid, and they might pay for the RT300. I was told they approved one for another guy here in Iowa.
    Thank you Rich, I'll do the samething too because cost so much. Can you tell me what you wrote to them, and do i need a prescription from the doctor? thanks, manouli.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    For what it's worth, I have a friend who's a low para, he had no spazms, he literaly pushed his legs wth his arms on a FES bike and in about 3 months he got a flicker and then more and more and now they go and he's rebuilt his bulk.
    Very interesting ....
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hi Manouli - yes, you will need a rx and also a letter of medical necessity for the bike. I just sent all my paperwork in the other day to insurance, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! My son is on this bike 2x's a week for an hour each time, he rides about 11 miles (depends on the amount of resistance) each time. He's been "biking" for about 1 year now - used to be on the old Ergys, this one is much nicer & waaaaaay easier (no transfer involved). I'm hoping insurance will cover it, if not Medicaid may. Good luck with your mission!

Call Judy at Restorative Therapies. 800-609-9166. She will send you everything you need. Also has examples of letters for your doc. and tells you what you need for your exception letter. I'm crossing my fingers. Hope I get approved.