Thread: can level/feeling go higher??

can level/feeling go higher??

It seems like my level has came up a little.I lost feeling from the bottom of my boobs down.but on my left side I was a little higher by about a centimeter.so lately I have noticed on my left side where I was higher has gone up a little bit,now I dont have feeling till about my nipple,but my nipple even has a little less feeling. can this really happen?
    God is good

I was told in rehab that the level of injury can go higher due to things like cysts on the cord. I would recommend you see you doctor if you have noticed changes

Hi,

You didn't mention:

How long go was your injury and at what level?
    Was this change in sensation sudden or gradual over a longer period of time?
    Area there any other new symptoms?

ADAD

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Hi,

You didn't mention:

How long go was your injury and at what level?
    Was this change in sensation sudden or gradual over a longer period of time?
    Area there any other new symptoms?

ADAD
    My injury is about 1 and a half years post.My level is a T5-6. It has changed in a period of about 2 weeks or 3. no new symptoms,but it kinda scares me, i dont want it to go higher and effect my hands or arm ability.
    God is good

Hmmmm, When was your last MRI? Sudden change in level of function can indicate a spinal cord cyst also known as a syrinx or syringomyelia. They frequently start above the level of injury and could account for the symptoms you are experiencing. Of course, other things could also be the cause such as a tethered cord but it should be checked out by your Dr or preferably your neurologist.

Tanya

btt...
    God is good