Thread: The Elaine Anne Lift

The Elaine Anne Lift

Does anybody have one of these or know anybody who has one? If so how do you or they like it? If you do not know what it is here is a link to their web site. http://www.kvb.ca/ealift.htm

I've looked at their site a number of times before....My only complaint is that they only convert GM vehicles.. It looks like an AWESOME system, I'd LOVE one if they could convert my Dodge.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I have a 97 Tahoe that I bought used. Overall I am happy with it although the whole process of getting in and out can be rather slow. Also mine is four-wheel-drive which meant that they had to drop the transfer case, which only leaves me with 4 inches of ground clearance. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I saw one at an expo and met the creator ... it's a lot of bells and whistles ... which meant there was more to go wrong as far as I was concerned. Hella expensive too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks for the replies. I have had a minivan and full-size van. The idea of having a SUV is pretty exciting. Maddog are you in a push chair or power chair? I take it you are driving? I will be the passenger. My concern is my height, I am around 54 inches from ground to top of my head. The gentleman I spoke to from the company said because I was the passenger he wasn't really concerned about that. If I was driving it would be a different story. I still have to do some other measurements also to make sure my power chair isin' t to big. About them only converting Chevrolet doesn't bother me. I will be getting either a Cadillac Escalade, Yucon Denali or a Hummer. Anymore information is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I saw one at an expo and met the creator ... it's a lot of bells and whistles ... which meant there was more to go wrong as far as I was concerned. Hella expensive too.
    X's 2

There nice though,and unlike an underbody lift you dont have to worry about it packing with snow,slush,mud and ice during winter driving..

Smile

Not a HUMMER!! UGH!!!!!

p.s. wanna adopt me?

Your height should not be a problem. I'm also 54 in. tall. My head is about an inch from the roof but it doesn't cause any problems. The person that owned it before me had a power chair and didn't have any problems. My manual chair was a little too long so we had to modify the lift a little. The thing that I like best is having your friends in the backseat close in not in the back of the van.
    Here's a picture of what I have.

Shaun, that is a big factor not having anything underneath the vehicle. Even though I live in Florida and don't have snow, slush, mud and ice lol, I don't care to have something under the vehicle that could get in the way.
    Liz321, Hummer would probably be my last choice. I really like the Cadillac and Denali. Now on the adoption send me the adoption papers and we will get things going.
    maddog, that is good for me about the height. My eye level is around 49 inches, so I believe I will be okay there. I am sending my measurements to the company. Your manual chair was too long? That scares me, from the back of my electric chair to the tip of my toes is around 50 inches. Hopefully I will fit. I agree 100 percent about having your friends/family in the back seat, it will feel more normal (if that makes sense). I hate having to yell to whomever is sitting in the back of the Van.