Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: going down steps

going down steps

Death and taxes

Very interesting.
    I get so frustrated seeing people doing wheelies so easily. I can get my front wheels up, I just can't maintain it. People like this guy make it look like a piece of cake, though.

That looks like the Rehab centre in Dun Laoire, Dublin where I spent far too long. However I did eventually learn how to go up and down those steps, not quite as fluidly as the guy here, but not too bad either. I am ashamed to say though that I don't know if I could do that now.

One step isnt bad at all, but I am still trying to get up the guts to master this http://www.cripcollege.com/trick8.html

When do you ever see steps that are 3 feet wide.I have gone down 3-4 steps it can get a bit hairy but can be done.

Mike T12
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Grip is a wonderful thing. I'd be Tony Hawkes if my hands worked
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Cool

Thats a piece of cake. I taught myself on the deck stairs at my house. Only two steps though. A friend of mine went down 8 steep steps backwards one night after drinking. He held onto the railing with both hands and leaned forward and landed pretty rough at the bottom but never fell. He's only T-12 though. -Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Thats a piece of cake. I taught myself on the deck stairs at my house. Only two steps though. A friend of mine went down 8 steep steps backwards one night after drinking. He held onto the railing with both hands and leaned forward and landed pretty rough at the bottom but never fell. He's only T-12 though. -Ed-
    Show -off!

I see you have a T10 injury...did someone say stomach muscles?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sledhockeygirl
    One step isnt bad at all, but I am still trying to get up the guts to master this http://www.cripcollege.com/trick8.html
    I think having a weighty backpack dragging behind you would help a lot, as in this particular situation. I don't use my backpack hardly at all anymore, but when I did, it sure made steps easy, you can only go so far back, no turning over.
    Sort of a 'contoured' wheelie bar.

Keps, Get someone to spot you and practice wheelies, you'll get them sooner or later. If you are like me, NO sense of balance, it is necessary to be visually aware of your position in space at all times. I still avoid steps and drop offs if possible, but I can take them in have to situations.
    The biggest aid is low pressure in your tires and the wider tire, the better, all for shock absorbtion and grip on the edges of the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Grip is a wonderful thing. I'd be Tony Hawkes if my hands worked
    I'll second that!! That was what I was thinking when he said let the rim slide through your fingers... like I have a choice.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni