Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Pin/Spinner Knob Placement?

Tri-Pin/Spinner Knob Placement?

I just had my first driving evaluation, and it was awesome to be back behind the wheel for the first time in 9 months!

The instructor had the tri-pin mounted at two o'clock on the steering wheel. It fatigued my arm holding it up at that awkward height. I thought it would be far better at five or six o'clock. What do people find works best?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

you are correct.. left arm steering should be 7 o'clock and right arm should be 5 o'clock.. 90 % of driving is straight, therefore your arm staying by your lap in a more restful position. this instructor should know better.. mine is at 7 and on long drives my shoulder still gets wore out sometimes.

congrats too..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    my shoulder still gets wore out sometimes.
    That probably has more to do with all the handjobs you've given.
    Word to your mother

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nasty
    That probably has more to do with all the handjobs you've given.
    jazzy pushes the ignore button....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

The Jazzy/Buck Gay Controversy strikes gain!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

truckers keep spinners at 2 Oclock, gimps keep them at 5 (7 if you steer w/ your left)
    Death and taxes

5 for me, but my instructor in high school had it set at 2 as well. I figured out 5 worked best on my own. Didn't know about these smarty-pants way back then. Glad you're getting back behind the wheel where you belong! Your quality of life is gonna skyrocket, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by NJenn
    Glad you're getting back behind the wheel where you belong! Your quality of life is gonna skyrocket, my friend.
    You have no idea how right you are! I am a total car nut, I have been working at a dealership for over 5 years.

I AM SO READY!
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Cspine
    truckers keep spinners at 2 Oclock, gimps keep them at 5 (7 if you steer w/ your left)
    5? Ive always had it about 2-2:30....I'll try 5.

Mine is at about 5, I have it so that I can rest my elbow on the arm rest of the captians seat so it doesn't get so tiered. When I did my driving eval this was how they had all the cars set up.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni