Thread: Traveling to Cold climate?

Question Traveling to Cold climate?

How did you fare when you traveled to a cold climate? I need an opinion mainly from people that live year round in a warm climate.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-17-2006 at 06:35 PM.

I live near you, and travel to NJ and DC in the winter to visit my kids. They moved north to escape the heat. I've not had problem. I layer my clothing when we go out. Some places really over heat for heavy clothing. It was in the teens when I was in NJ during January. It snowed when we were in DC for Thanksgiving. Such a treat! What are your concerns?

I've lived in SoFla for 14 years. But I want to move back to Philly & I am worried I can't handle the cold anymore.

Living there would be totally different from visiting. You need to be prepared to put up with whatever winter offers. I certainly can't help with that. I'm sure you will hear from the cc family who endure the cold from October to May. Ouch! That's why we moved to SoFla to raise our family.

I moved from around Philly 11 years ago and haven't been back since. My family and freinds rather visit FL. I don't miss the ice storms, sleet or leafless trees 7 months out of the year. Nor do I miss staying inside with a hairdyer on my neck trying to warm up on the cold damp days. My spasms were worse and it seems I had more UTI's during the winter months. Wearing a coat was a pain also. I moved to Orlando and now live in Panama City in the Panhandle. In general terms, the people are nicer, the terrain flatter, its more accessible and you don't have to wait for someone to shovel your driveway. Hurricanes suck though....... But you have to do what you have to do. It seems we can adapt to a variety of challenges.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

i live near philly, the winters are damp and make my shoulders ache. as long as you dress warm you should be ok.

my problem is once i get cold, it takes forever to warm back up.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

It funny, I get more uti's from the hot weather. If I can't take the weather I think I will move again in a few years to Arizona. The only thing I do know for certain. I don't want to deal with these Hurricanes anymore.